Telerik Reporting

2 Answers 118 Views
Report Designer (standalone) Report Wizard
Lenard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lenard asked on 25 May 2021, 01:54 PM

Hi,  I need your help please, do you have any idea how can I make this kind of report.

in each page, let say i have 10 rows and i set 3 data per page. The report will show the max row number  ("show 3 of 10 result." in the 1st page and for next page will show "show 6 of 10" )

is it possible? thank you

thank you

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jun 2021, 03:11 PM

Hi Lenard,

I attached a sample report that applies the following approach:

- Add a Grouping to the report with Expression: "= (Fields.Id-1)/3"

- Set the PageBreak property of the groupHeaderSection to Before;

- In the groupHeaderSection add a TextBox with Value: "= "Shows: " + Last(Fields.Id) + " of " +Exec("test", Count(Fields.Id))"

- To display the pages, you can add a TextBox to the pagefootersection: = PageNumber + " out of: " + PageCount

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Lenard
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 03 Jun 2021, 03:57 AM

hi Neli,
Thank you very much for your answer and sample, I'll try it.
I forgot to mention, if I cant group it into 3 per page instead it will show depends on how many rows can fit to the page? example in page 1 it show 4 rows then next page its 3 and next is 5 etc...
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jun 2021, 03:39 PM

Hi Lenard,

Then you can remove the grouping. To display the number of displayed records per page, you can use the following expression:

= "Shows: " + PageExec("textBox5", Count(Fields.Id)) + " of " +Exec("test", Count(Fields.Id))

I attached a sample report that demonstrates the approach.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Brand new Telerik Reporting course in Virtual Classroom - the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products. Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Lenard
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 08 Jun 2021, 04:34 PM

Hi Neli,
Thank you, you saved me a lot.
Tags
Report Designer (standalone) Report Wizard
Asked by
Lenard
Top achievements
Rank 1