Telerik Reporting 15.1.21.616 net core 3.1 and Postgres, parameters null to DB

1 Answer 94 Views
.NET Core Report Designer (standalone) Report Parameters
Ulises
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ulises asked on 13 Aug 2021, 05:39 AM

I'm working in a project with AspNet Core 3.1 and Postgres 13, with Npgsql-3.2.7 controller for the conection to my data base in Telerik Report Designer App Desktp. When use a DataSource in said application with default values in the parameters to a stored procedure in postgres, does WORK CORRECTLY, But, when I try use the Report in My AspNet Core MVC application running, sending the parameters like they documentation, the values aren't received in a postgres Stored Procedures. Instead they recieve null value.

Could you help us, and tell us if there are any extra settings that we are missing, or why this situation occurs?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2021, 02:48 PM

Hello Ulises,

If I understood correctly, the report connects successfully to your Postgres database from the Standalone Report Designer. This means that you have successfully registered a data provider for Postgres in the .NET Framework.

Please, note that the Reporting engine that runs in the .NET Core environment would look for a data provider for the Postgres database for .NET Core. For more information, I suggest the KB article How to register a DbProviderFactory in a .NET Core project. Out of the box, we support the Npgsql.NpgsqlFactory for .NET Core and .NET Standard.

Tags
.NET Core Report Designer (standalone) Report Parameters
Asked by
Ulises
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or