This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik killed my VS 2008 install

1 Answer 31 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lloyd Sheen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lloyd Sheen asked on 06 Mar 2010, 11:38 PM
I company I was consulting to asked me to install the Telerik controls for WPF.  A consultant had purchased it for them but had not did any work with it.  Not sure if this is a good copy but with the way the eval is going there is little hope that the library will stay installed for very long.

I see a posting about how to do coverflow and a zip file with source.  When I copy the XAML to my window what do I see????

Error indicating that the XAML is not correct.  And when I went to find the error CTL-F, well my VS 2008 install is now screwed up.  No more CTL-F.  No more CTL-H.

Beyond that the sample given uses BringDataItemIntoView which does not work.

Since you only get one chance to make a first impression that is gone.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Mar 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Lloyd,

RadCoverFlow is available only for Silverlight, it is not included in RadControls for WPF yet. I suppose that this is the reason for the invalid XAML errors in Visual Studio.

Regarding the BrindDataItemIntoView this method has been obsolete for some time in RadGridView. You have to use ScrollIntoView(...) or ScrollIntoViewAsync(...).

As for the broken shortcuts of Visual Studio - could you elaborate a bit more? Is the problem present in the code viewer, or XAML editor? Do you try to use the shortcuts in the Visual Studio designer? There were thousands of installations that were made by us and our clients and no one complained about similar problems.

Kind regards,
Stefan Dobrev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lloyd Sheen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
Share this question
or