This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik Controls of Winforms (clickOnce Application) not displayed in WIndows 7 in T560 Lenovo laptops

3 Answers 69 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mona asked on 21 Sep 2016, 07:40 AM
My application is ClickOnce on .net 3.5 . It uses Telerik Controls also. So far, application was working fine but since the client got new laptops - t560 lenovo, they are facing issue. They are not able to see any telerik controls on any forms. What can be the issue?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 22 Sep 2016, 04:01 PM
Hello Mona,

Thank you for writing.

So far we have not received reports about a similar behavior. However, it is quite possible to experience issues with the scale of controls on systems having very high DPI settings. This is valid for all WinForms controls as it is caused by a limitation of the technology itself. 

Please check the following blog post discussing in details a similar scenario: WinForms Scaling at Large DPI Settings–Is It Even Possible? 

I hope this information is useful. Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Hristo Merdjanov
Telerik by Progress
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms. For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 06:28 AM

Thanks for replying Hristo!

I found this link which is asking me to change AutoScaleMode from "Font" to "None". And when i did, it worked for High DPI laptops : t560 Lenovo. Do you agree with this?

The solution that i am talking about is : https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/154/Feedback/Details/110745-fix-radform-layout-issues-when-the-autoscalemode-property-is-set-to-font-and-t

and the above solution mentioned in link is working.

Please let me know soon.

Accepted
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2016, 06:51 AM
Hi Mona,

Thank you for writing back.

The solution is valid and it handles a particular issue which is currently not yet resolved. I am glad that it is working well in your project.

I hope this helps. Should you have further questions please do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Hristo Merdjanov
Telerik by Progress
Check out the Windows Forms project converter, which aids the conversion process from standard Windows Forms applications written in C# or VB to Telerik UI for WinForms. For more information check out this blog post and share your thoughts.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo
Telerik team
Mona
Top achievements
Rank 1