This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Telerik ASP.NET MVC Application doesn't show up in VS2017

3 Answers 226 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
StuartLittle
Top achievements
Rank 1
StuartLittle asked on 25 Apr 2018, 01:36 PM

Hi,

Please look at the screenshot of the Progress Control Panel and Visual Studio 2017 and let me know why Telerik ASP.NET MVC Application is not showing up in Visual Studio? Do I need to download anything else in the control panel for it to show up?

Thank you.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2018, 11:32 AM
Hello Arjun,

From the images, you provided it appears that the Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC VSExtension was not installed although it was selected in the Progress Control Panel. Please let us know if anything went wrong during the installation and if you had the extension previously or it is a new installation.

As a first step, I would suggest that you check if the extension is installed but disabled. This can be done through the Tools > Extensions and Updates... menu in Visual Studio. On the attached image you can see how the disabled extension would look like. 

If this is not the case you can go ahead and install the extension through the Marketplace. This could be done as follows:

1. Launch Visual Studio
2. Select Tools from the menu at the top
3. Press Extensions and Updates... from the drop-down menu
4. Click Online to the left and select Visual Studio Marketplace
5. Enter Telerik ASP.NET MVC VSExtensions in the Search text box
6. Select the extension and click Download

Please get back to us in case further issues arise or you have any other questions.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
StuartLittle
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2018, 11:43 AM

Hi Nicola,

This is a new installation and the MVC extension never got installed even though there was nothing to download in the control panel. I followed your steps above and got it from the marketplace.

Thank you very much!

Nikola
Telerik team
answered on 30 Apr 2018, 08:31 AM
Hi Arjun,

I have tried to reproduce the problem at our end, but I was not able to. Our records show that you installed Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC back on the 4th of April along with the other products. Therefore when you launched the Progress Control Panel last time it didn't have to download anything. Nevertheless, the extensions should not have been removed if they were initially installed. 

To troubleshoot the problem you could send us the logs from the VSIXInstaller. They are located in the %TEMP% folder and have the following format VSIXInstaller_[GUID].log. By analyzing them we will get a better understanding what is happening locally at your end.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Nikola
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
StuartLittle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikola
Telerik team
StuartLittle
Top achievements
Rank 1