This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Switch Code128 Subset in Designer

1 Answer 73 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 12 Jun 2012, 07:59 AM
Hi there,

I'm facing a little problem:

Is it possible to switch the subsets in the designer?

For example:
I've got 2 parts of a barcode. The first should always be subset A, the second always subset C.
Now, what I want to do, is defining a barcodefield, that takes my first part with subset A and the rest in subset C.

http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/report-items-barcode.html 

This page was quite helpfull, for switching the subset via fieldvalue, but that doesn't fit my question of dealing with the switch in the designer.

Any help is greatly appreciated~

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Elian
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2012, 04:24 PM
Hello Thomas,

The special characters that define the start of a different subset are nothing different than the normal characters (except they cannot be typed from the keyboard with one key).
If you want a barcode with a subset A and a subset C, your expression will look something like this:
=Fields.SubsA + "þ" + Fields.SubsC
where þ is the special character representing the begining of the subset C (Start C - FE ; 254). You can type from the keyboard by pressing Alt + 0254.

All the best,
Elian
the Telerik team

BLOGGERS WANTED! Write a review about Telerik Reporting or the new Report Designer, post it on your blog and get a complimentary license for Telerik Reporting. We’ll even promote your blog and help bring you a few fresh readers. Yes, it’s that simple. And it’s free. Get started today >

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Elian
Telerik team
Share this question
or