This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Subreport binding to parent report objectdatasource. Seeing the sub report, but there's no data in it

1 Answer 134 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ashith Rai
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ashith Rai asked on 25 Oct 2018, 06:03 PM

Hi,

I have a main report and 3 sub reports. I referred to the telerik documentation and the forum. I have a objectdatasource in the main report and the sub report relies on the parent datasource --> =MainReport.objectDataSource1. I have also set field value to =MainReport.objectDataSource1.FieldName in the subreport.

The report loads successfully but there is no data. It's very frustrating and I have a spent of lot of time trying to resolve the issue.

I will appreciate it, if you can please assist me with this. 

Thanks,

Ashith.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2018, 11:58 AM
Hi Ashith,

I suspect that the sub report cannot find the assigned data source, hence the report gets rendered empty.
The correct way to use data from the main report in the sub report is demonstrated in How to bind Sub Report to Main Report's Data KB article.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ashith Rai
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or