This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Sub Reports Overlapping after Upgrading to R3 2017

1 Answer 94 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kerry asked on 26 Sep 2017, 04:08 PM

I previously built a report with build Telerik Reporting Q1 2015 (version 9.0.15.225).  My report has several subreports stacked within a Panel.  I did not have to dock or give the exact size of the subreports as the reports grow vertically depending on amount of data.  

After upgrading to R3 2017 the second subreport within a Panel will overlap the first subreport.  The other subreports will align correctly.  I have tried everything to get the second subreport from overlapping the first. 

I have included screenshots of report layout, the report rendered from Q1 2015 build and the same report rendered from the R3 2017 build.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2017, 06:18 AM
Hi Kerry,

We have replied you in the support ticket ID 1132424. For the members of community to benefit from the information I would publish its essence in this forum post.

While examining your report example, we discovered a bug in our layout engine that incorrectly overlaps two items under specific conditions. The bug is logged in our database and will be fixed in a subsequent release of our product.

For the community members experiencing similar issue, the custom formatting that has been suggested as a workaround for better report layout in the previous versions of Telerik Reporting in this KB article is no longer recommended.
As of R3 2016 we have introduced the CanShrink property for report sections and Panel, and it would better serve this purpose.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Kerry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team
Share this question
or