Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Peter asked on 10 Nov 2021, 10:25 AM

Hello,

I recently updated to the new UI for WPF R3 2021 SP (v2021.3.1109).

I noticed that the appearance of my docking window has changed. It seems that the background color of the main window is inherited now. I attached two screenshots of my application, one before the change, one after.

Is this by accident or will it be a permant change?

regards,

Tobias

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 10 Nov 2021, 10:27 AM

Here are the screenshots mentioned above.
Stenly
Telerik team
commented on 12 Nov 2021, 07:06 PM

Hello Peter, 

I have prepared a sample project in order to reproduce the mentioned behavior but to no success. With this said, could you modify the attached project, so that it duplicates the issue? Also, if you could, is it possible to provide a bit more information regarding the setup, in which this is reproduced? In addition, is this behavior present in a new project that only has a docking a simple docking implementation?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stenly
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2021, 03:00 PM

Hello Peter,

The observed behavior is present due to the changes we have made to the RadDocking control, which are intended and will be permanent. With that said, this occurs because when the window has the RadWindowInteropHelper.AllowTransparency attached property set to False, the docking's shadows are automatically turned off.

In order to change this behavior, set the mat:MaterialAssist.IsShadowDisabled attached property to False, on the RadDocking control. To use this property in your application, add the following namespace:

<Window xmlns:mat="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.MaterialControls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls" />

I hope the provided information helps.

Regards,
Stenly
Progress Telerik

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 15 Nov 2021, 10:04 AM

Hello,

I modified the Sample-Project that the problem occures. The main difference ist that i am using implicit styles and the Fluent-Theme.

Hope this helps!

cheers,

Tobias

Masha
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2021, 09:30 AM

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the sample project.

I was able to replicate the described problem on my side and I can confirm that this is not the desired behavior. The fix will be available for download on Monday. I have also added some telerik points to your account as a thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

As a workaround, you can extract the control template of RadPaneGroupDocumentHostControlTemplate, RadPaneGroupDefaultControlTemplate and RadPaneGroupTopControlTemplate, look for the element named shadow and create a Border element below, where the background should be TemplateBound.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Masha
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 23 Nov 2021, 07:14 AM

Thank you. That is good news.

Where can I find the fixed download?

Stenly
Telerik team
commented on 23 Nov 2021, 01:47 PM

You could find a step-by-step guide on how to download our latest internal build here.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 24 Nov 2021, 09:16 AM

Hello Masha,

thank you for the provided fix. It works well but one thing is left:

There is no border anymore between an auto hide window and the rest of the application. See the attached screenshot.

So the same question here:

Is this by accident or will it be a permant change?

regards,

Tobias

Tags
Docking
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by