we're strongly interested in the Spreadsheet control for a new product we should release around march/april.
Since we are already using Telerik we could be willing to taka a bet and develop in february using the beta release.
A couple of points though:
- is there a SP2 release for UI/MVC for january, that could improve on the current status of the Beta
- is this issue about cell alignment (due apparently to cells with content wrapped on more than one line - see attached file) known and planned for fixing in the official release
- is there any "tentative" date for the final Q1 release of the widget?
thanks and regards,
6 Answers, 1 is accepted
Last, will there be support for "checkbox" columns in final release?
Last request (sorry for adding things, but our analysis is ongoing): will the ability to set cells as "read-only" be included in the first official release?
Up to your questions:
- read-only cells are implemented and will be available in our next release;
- we haven't done anything regarding custom cell content, yet - so checkboxes are not in our immediate plans;
- the alignment should be addressed in the next release, too.
If everything goes well, we are going to publish a beta release of our 2016 Q1 before the holidays, and it will contain the changes I mentioned above.
we're still investigating the new widget, based on the beta2 (which fixes main open issues)
A couple more questions:
1) are you going to support in final v1 "drop-down"-based Data Validation? The "list" data validation type currently produces an error when entered value doesn't belong to the given list, but no drop-down is provided by the input cell
2) is there any other release planned before the final release? And when is the tentative date for final version?
thanks in advance,
Straight up to your questions:
1. At this point creating "drop-down"-based Data Validation is not in our immediate plans. Please submit your idea as feature requests at our UserVoice portal - this way the community will be able to evaluate it and we will consider it for future releases, depending on its popularity and business value.
2. Since Kendo UI Q1 2016 (version 2016.1.112) the Spreadsheet is officially released and not in Beta stage any more.
In the future I will kindly ask you to open a separate support thread for each question that you have. This ensures your questions will reach the people that can help you best and will be addressed on time, as well as helps keep your support history organized for your and our reference case.