This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Silverlight

4 Answers 70 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 14 Aug 2009, 02:54 PM
Making the reports work in Silverlight would be a huge advantage for Telerik reports.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 14 Aug 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Jon,

I guess you wanted to post a vote for a true Silverlight report viewer? You'll be glad to know that we have it in our short term plans, but for the time being you can use the solution from this blog post: Telerik Reporting in a Silverlight3 application.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Aug 2009, 04:42 PM
Having an HTML frame over the Silverlight is definitely a way to get reporting right now in a Silverlight application, but that only works if you have network access to the data/reports.  If someone were to use the freshly compiled csharp-sqlite locally on the silverlight application the network would not be able to produce the report as all the data would be client side not server side.   Since all the data is local the render and display must be local as well.  This would give .net devs the ability to deploy (offline) applications to Mac and Linux as well..
John Waters
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Aug 2009, 03:09 PM
How exciting! How short is short term? I have a client that would need that capability by the end of the year.
Hrisi
Telerik team
answered on 19 Aug 2009, 02:47 PM
Hi John Waters,

First I want to clear what we intend to implement - that will be a Silverlight ReportViewer. It should work with any web application that can host our reporting engine and of course a data provider. And short means not earlier than Q1 2010.

Best wishes,
Hrisi
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1