This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Selection style

6 Answers 146 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Christie Admin asked on 20 Apr 2015, 04:05 PM

Hi,

I'm using the lastest version of Telerik and I also use the Office2013 theme. Actually, I create a custom UserControl which contain a RadScheduleView and I have some properties for different purpose. With the Office2013 theme, the highlighted items are not clearly visible on a laptop that's why I would like to know if it's possible to have a border of different color?!? At the same time, I would like to offer a property like "BorderSelectionColor".

I would like to cover the following situation:

- During a drag and drop operation, I would like to highligh + change the border color of the targeted appointments or slots cover by the source appointments

- I actually implemented a keyboard navigation pattern, the user can use the arrow keys to navigate through the slots or the appointements so I would like to highlight + change the border color of the slot or the appoinment where I am. The navigation mechanisim was already implemented but the highlight mechanisim not.

Thank's

Alain

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2015, 08:48 AM
Hi Alain,

If you need to modify the color of the selected Appointment/s you can use the approaches explained in this forum. However as I not sure if I understand you correctly - I will ask you to share an image demonstrating the exact case and the needed result.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik

See What's Next in App Development. Register for TelerikNEXT.

Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2015, 07:48 PM

Hi Kalin,

screenshot was attached...

Alain

Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2015, 01:22 PM

Hi Kalin,

2 others screenshot...

Alain

Masha
Telerik team
answered on 27 Apr 2015, 10:32 AM
Hello Alain,

In order to modify the mouse over  state of Appointment Item you need to modify both control templates ( AppointmentItemHorizontalControlTemplate and AppointmentItemVerticalControlTemplate) of AppointmentItemBase style. You should do this trough AppointmentStyleSelector property of RadScheduleView.

Regarding the question to change the background during a drag and drop operation or resize one you need to modify DragDropHighlightStyle or ResizeHighlightStyle.

I've prepared a sample project where the above approach is demonstrated.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Masha
Telerik

Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2015, 03:43 PM

Hi Masha,

Thank's for your demo, I appreciate and it was verry usefull :)

One other thing is, when I drag one or more appointments over, if the dragged appointments is over an appointment or a specialslot during the drag'n drop operation, I would like to change the border color of the overlapped appointments/specialslots...

Thank's

Alain

Masha
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2015, 02:35 PM
Hello Alain,

I'm afraid this scenario is not supported in the current version of RadScheduleView.
DragVisula style of the appointment has opacity and this color opacity  is the only color difference when appointments are overlapping by dragged area. You can play with colors and opacity of the DragDropHighlightStyle  to achieve the desired results.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Masha
Telerik

Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalin
Telerik team
Christie Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1