This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Screen flicker

1 Answer 132 Views
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Rajeev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rajeev asked on 24 Jul 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi,

I have a RadGridview on my form in which a column have data shown as underlink (just to give look & feel of Hyperlink column). When user click on any cell on this column, it pop a new FORM. This newly opened form has Cancel button. When i click cancel button, my background screen flicker. I'm appending my code herby:

Main form:

private void radGridViewDLDDiag_CellClick(object sender, GridViewCellEventArgs e){if (e.ColumnIndex == 1 && e.RowIndex > -1)

{

try{
selecteditem = radGridViewDLDDiag.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[e.ColumnIndex].Value.ToString();
DLDConfigUpgradePopUpForm configUpgradePopUpForm = new DLDConfigUpgradePopUpForm(selecteditem);
configUpgradePopUpForm.ShowDialog(
this);
}
catch (Exception ex)
{
}}}

My pop form (DLDConfigUpgradePopUpForm )  has  cancel button

which has one line code as: this.Dispose()

but this makes my background screen flicker. PLease suggest.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Rajeev,

Thank you for this question.

Maybe the flickering is caused by the form you are opening. I would suggest not using a try catch block, place if conditions instead. Also create your form once and just to show and close it. This will prevent you from calling the Dispose method. Could you, please open a support ticket and send me a sample application that reproduces the case. This will help me find a solution for you.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes,
Jack
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Asked by
Rajeev
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Share this question
or