This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Row Selection

4 Answers 111 Views
PropertyGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
ManniAT asked on 23 Sep 2013, 03:28 PM
Hi,

I have a RadPropertyGrid with several lines.
I Looks somehow like this:
<telerik:RadPropertyGrid Item="{Binding TheSetting}" SearchBoxVisibility="Hidden" AutoGeneratePropertyDefinitions="False" SortAndGroupButtonsVisibility="Collapsed" SearchInNestedProperties="False">
    <telerik:RadPropertyGrid.PropertyDefinitions>
        <telerik:PropertyDefinition GroupName="Allgemein" OrderIndex="0" Binding="{Binding BaseSearchPath, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True, ValidatesOnExceptions=True}" Description="Basispfad zur Suche der CSV Dateien" DisplayName="Basispfad" />
        <telerik:PropertyDefinition GroupName="Allgemein" OrderIndex="1" Binding="{Binding Map_FZeit, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True}" Description="Zuordnung Messwertzeit" DisplayName="Messwertzeit" />
        <telerik:PropertyDefinition GroupName="Allgemein" OrderIndex="2" Binding="{Binding Map_ZNr, ValidatesOnDataErrors=True}" Description="Zuordnung Messwertzeile" DisplayName="Messwertzeilennummer" />

When I select a TextBox with the mouse the row is not selected.
This results in a strange (wrong) look.

Example (for the code above) - I select the "Messwertzeit" Row Header with the mouse.
The Description shows the correct value.
Then I press TAB -
-- First strange thing - the "Basispfad" TextBox (one line above) gets the focus - not the "Messwertzeit" Textbox as expected.
-- Second strange thing - the description pane still shows the "Messwertzeit" description (not the one of "Basispfad" where I'm editing).
-- Third thing (only a problem with the description) - TAB brings me to the next textbox
There is no way (without using the mouse - I tried TAB - shift TAB) to select the "RowHeader" - to get the correct description.

Is this "normal" and desired?
Can I get a description only using the mouse?

Manfred

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vera
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2013, 11:16 AM
Hello Manfred,

The keyboard support for RadPropertyGrid is only available with RenderMode Flat. Please give it a try and let us know in case you experience any other issues.

Regards,
Vera
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Sep 2013, 06:44 PM
Hi Vera,

I tried FLAT.
But the result is not much better than before.

I mark the "Header" in Line 3 - Description is set.
I select the Value in Line 1 -- Still description of Line 3 is displayed
-- I expected to display the Description of Line 1 (since I edit the value there)
While the Value in Line 1 is selected (and still the header of Line 3) I press TAB -- now the Header of Line 4 is marked.
-- I expect the Value of line 2 to be selected (or at least the header of Line 2) since this follows Line 1.

The only way to edit one element after another is to Start with marking Header in Line 1.
Then F2 - selects Value in Line 1
Next TAB - Header Line 2
Next F2 again...

First this is hard for the User when he tries to edit something fast.
And the "Description follows Header which doesn't follow selected Value" is really an irritating behavior.

Manfred
Accepted
Vera
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Manfred,

Please take a look at the attached project and the video I recorded while navigating and editing the property definitions values. Are you able to get the described unwanted behavior on it? How do you select the value of Level 1 property definition after selecting property definition Level 3?

Generally, RadPropertyGrid exposes a keyboard commands provider, which can be used for customizing the default navigation behavior. You can utilize it to achieve the edit functionality by pressing F2. Here is an article that gives some more extensive information on this feature.

Regards,
Vera
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Sep 2013, 06:34 PM
Hi Vera,

thank you for this sample.
It helped me to track down my problem.

Although I still would like to have the ability to tab through the values column the rest works fine now.
Just to clear the things - I change the input behavior to get a "select whole text on focus".

On of the needed handlers was for "MousLeftButtonDown". To work it had to set "Handled" to true.
This prevented the "Row-Selection" -- I removed the handler (keyboard "select whole text on focus" still works) and that fixed the problem.

Although it was my fault - your example helped me to find / fix it.

Thanks a lot for the (as usual) great support
Manfred
Tags
PropertyGrid
Asked by
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vera
Telerik team
ManniAT