This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rounded Corners

5 Answers 783 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Timothy Kelley asked on 13 Aug 2010, 01:58 PM

My customer wants rounded corners on thier report or subreport.

I have the rounded cornders on the charts but is there any way to create them on
reports,subreports, tables or lists?  I thought about using a shape around the report but the report changes size according to the data that is fed into it.

thanks,

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 13 Aug 2010, 04:30 PM
Hello Timothy,

Please review the following thread for more information: Rounded corners rectangle shape.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2010, 05:22 PM

I don't think I stated my request clearly.  I want the report itself to have rounded corners.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2010, 04:42 PM
Hello Timothy,

No such functionality is available in Telerik Reporting as this task is pretty unclear. What would be the desired result when printing such report or printing/exporting a report that as in your case contains a subreport? Note that the SubReport item serves as a placeholder and is not visible in the actual report.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Aug 2010, 02:22 AM
The charts have rounded corners and it look kinda awward when you put a square report next to something with rounded corners.
I'm not looking at the tools right now..but I thought a subreport control had borders which are visual. Could be wrong.

My customer wants everything to have rounded corners.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Timothy,

As explained, the SubReport item serves as a placeholder, thus it takes the dimensions of its child report. The report itself however cannot have rounded corners due to the reasons outlined in the previous post. Your best bet would be to match the background colors of the main and detail reports and try to simulate rounded corners for the detail report by using PictureBox items with same background color docked at its left, top, right and bottom corners as shown in the referenced thread in previous post.

Kind regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Timothy Kelley
Top achievements
Rank 1