This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rotate all axis but not labels?

3 Answers 206 Views
ChartView3D
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Karl-Petter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Karl-Petter asked on 27 Feb 2019, 03:23 PM

Hi,

I'm evaluating ChartView3D and Telerik UI for a project. We are going to visualise drill holes using it. A hole typically starts at the surface and goes into the ground. My attempt to achieve this was to rotate the whole graph 180 degrees, but doing so rotates also all labels and axis titles, see screendump :(

Is there any other way I can achieve this? Or can I rotate the graph without rotating the labels/titles? Or could I counter rotate them? Any tips would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Karl-Petter

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2019, 09:37 AM
Hi Karl-Petter,

Thank you for your interest in our RadChartView3D for WPF and for the provided image.

I double check this rotation behavior of the labels and they are visualized correctly when the chart is rotated upside down. I think I am missing an additional set-up from your application. Attached to this reply you can find the sample project which I used to test your scenario. To be able to rotate the chart in the described scenario I have set the MaxSecondAngle and MinSecondAngle properties of the Chart3DCameraBehavior. May I ask you to check this project and let me know what I am missing as a code or step to reproduce this on my side.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Karl-Petter
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Mar 2019, 12:14 PM

Hi,

thanks for your reply. I updated your project with the transformation that rotates the graph. It is just a very small modification so maybe I was not clear in my explanation. The coordinate system for the graph needs to have the z-axis pointing down so that depth grows positively downwards. Thus I rotated the whole graph but then the labels and titles follow. How can I make them not to rotate?

Update: Could not attach a zip file. So here is the section of the code I modified:

01.<telerik:RadCartesianChart3D Palette="{Binding SelectedPalette}"  RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5">
02.  <telerik:RadCartesianChart3D.RenderTransform>
03.      <TransformGroup>
04.          <ScaleTransform/>
05.          <SkewTransform/>
06.          <RotateTransform Angle="180"/>
07.          <TranslateTransform/>
08.      </TransformGroup>
09.  </telerik:RadCartesianChart3D.RenderTransform>
10.  <telerik:RadCartesianChart3D.XAxis>
11.      <telerik:CategoricalAxis3D Title="Bimonthly"  />
12.  </telerik:RadCartesianChart3D.XAxis>
Telerik team
answered on 07 Mar 2019, 12:01 PM
Hello Karl,

Thank you for the attached code snippet. 

Setting the RenderTransform performed a rotation on the whole control, not on plot area. This is the expected behavior. In order to rotate the series and the label to be position correctly, you can use the Chart3DCameraBehavior behavior of the RadCartesianChart3D. To turn upside down the series you can use the following properties of the camera: MaxSecondAngle, MinSecondAngle, FirstAngle, SecondAngle. You can play with them to adjust the right angle. Check the attached project.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
ChartView3D
Asked by
Karl-Petter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Karl-Petter
Top achievements
Rank 1