Thank you for writing.
I tested your case following these steps:
- Change the RadRibbonBar theme to Office2007Black
- Open the Visual Style Builder from the Action Menu (available through the RadRibbonBar's Smart Tag)
- From the Control Structure tree in the VSB, navigate to RootRadElement >> RadRibbonBarElement >> RadTabStripElement >> TabLayoutPanel >> TabItem
- From the Expert Mode panel, set the Shape property to TabVsShape.
- Set the Theme Name, then save the theme to a file.
- Using the RadThemeManager, add the theme to your project and apply it to the RadRibbonBar.
The result is that the TabVsShaped tabs both at design and run-time. Could you confirm that the above steps work for you as well.
the Telerik team