This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Resource Availability

4 Answers 108 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nico asked on 25 Nov 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi,  I'm currently evaluating this component,

One of my requirements is handling resource availability. Therefore I'd like to change the color of individual slots (red) depending on the shown resource. I succeeded in doing just that in the RadSheduler using a custom  TimeSlotTemplateSelector (DataTemplate Selector) and a ColorConverter. How would I do that in the SheduleView?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dani
Telerik team
answered on 26 Nov 2010, 09:47 AM
Hello Nico,

Thank you for your interest in RadScheduleView.

The TimeSlotTemplateSelector is no longer available when it comes to RadScheduleView. This is because there no timeslots in the same sense of the word anymore.

What you can do is use the GroupHeaderStyleSelector property to apply a different style for each group holding a resource. You should simply create a regular StyleSelector, overriding the SelectStyle method, and providing a different style depending on the Resource.

Please, note that a GroupHeader is basically a Border which by default would stretch to fill all slots of the same group (including the header).  Furthermore, the lines separating each slot are placed beneath the group headers. Shortly, that means that when you apply a GroupHeaderStyle for each of your resources, the background would appear on top of the lines and the group would look as a single slot.
 To prevent this, you have two options: 1) you can use transparency when specifying backgrounds of GroupHeaders to allow the lines to be visible; 2) you can modify the control template of RadScheduleView and place the TimeRulerLinesPanel on top of AppointmentsPanel.

If you chose to modify the control template and change layout, note that you will have to be careful, this may result in unexpected behavior due to triggers responsible for the orientation.

Kind regards,
Dani
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2010, 01:36 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

Your suggested approach would be sufficient if we only had to show resource availability per day.
It becomes more tricky if we want to show availability per time slot. I tried to add a new Panel to the ScheduleView template (Similar to the HighLightPanel/TimeRulerLinesPanel). But I got stuck trying to determine the the slot's height (How should I interpret the PixelLength TimeSpan dependency property, wich seems to be a zoom level of some kind)

Furthermore is there a roadmap for the ScheduleView?
 - Especially for the resource availabilities
 - All Day Appointments layout similar to the old scheduler
 - Others ?

Thx,
Nico
Dani
Telerik team
answered on 02 Dec 2010, 09:05 AM
Hello Nico,

I apologize for the delayed answer.

I am not sure if I understood your inquiry correctly. I believe you are asking about customizing a single timeslot from a resource . This is not possible with the initial implementation of RadScheduleView. We are currently in the process of determining exactly how and when to realize this feature.

Regarding your inquiry on all day timeslot area - this feature is not present at the moment. We have added it to our PITS as a feature request, please vote for it - issue ID 4212.

For other information, you can check our online Help articles for RadScheduleView. Since RadScheduleView is a new control, released only recently, we are still gathering feedback and adding help information to our online Help. Therefore, please vote for any items you might be directed to - your feedback is valuable for us. Also, please, keep in mind that new articles are constantly being added to the online Help and it is uploaded every week.

If you have further questions, or need help on customizing your instance of RadScheduleView, please contact us again.

Greetings,
Dani
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with RadControls for WPF
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2011, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the SP update, the specialslots is exactly what I needed to resolve this issue.

Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dani
Telerik team
Nico
Top achievements
Rank 1