This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ReportViewer is not showing up on Visual Studio 2019

2 Answers 949 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Rahul asked on 04 Feb 2021, 06:48 PM

Hi,

I am using Telerik on trial as of now. And I am trying to implement Telerik Report Viewer using HTML 5 and JavaScript so that we could view the created reports on Telerik Reporting Server.

But, despite various blogs on Telerik tells that it can be added by clicking on 'Telerik HTML5 Report Viewer Page' in visual studio,

I am not getting the template option only. This I am not able to understand why. I have download and installed Telerik through TelerikReportingSetup.exe.

Please help me in this. I don't see indendent ReportViewer component in telerik available components when I use TelerikReportingSetup.exe to download Telerik on to my system.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 09 Feb 2021, 11:40 AM

Hello Rahul,

If I understood correctly, you would like to add the HTML5 Report Viewer through the Visual Studio item template. If the project is .NET Core, then it is expected to see only a template for our Web Report Designer only. We have such a feature request in our Feedback portal-  Visual Studio Item Templates for .NET Core projects

You may use our examples that can be found in the installation folder of Telerik Reporting- C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik Reporting R1 2021\Examples\CSharp.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 09 Feb 2021, 12:43 PM
Thanks for acknowledging it and letting it know.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rahul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
Rahul
Top achievements