This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

~reportviewer/clients/{clientid}/parameters options call success post call returning 404

1 Answer 136 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
pavan asked on 13 Jul 2015, 06:57 PM

Hi Team,

We have two applications one is asp.net mvc web application which will make call to asp.net web api to get telerik report data as rest api call, till now we are using asp.net in memory cache, now i am trying to store the cache in a shared path, below is the line of code that i updated after adding this all my api POST calls to ReportViewer controller are failing, I see there are two calls being made one is options call the other one is post call, options call is getting 200 as reponse but post is failing with status code 400, I can see some files getting created in shared path "C:\\TempReportCache", please see the attched screenshot "ApiCalls Status code to  ReportViewer Api controller.jpg" which controls call trace and their response. 

please let me know what is the issue and do i need to update anything else in order to store cache in a shared path?

[EnableCors(origins: "*", headers: "*", methods: "*")]
    public class ReportViewerController : ReportsControllerBase 
    {

protected override ICache CreateCache()
        {
            return Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.CacheFactory.CreateFileCache("C:\\TempReportCache");
        }

}

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2015, 11:29 AM
Hi Pavan,

I believe we are discussing the same question with a colleague of yours. Below are the details provided in the ticket:
"By default the HTML5 Report Viewer does not store information in-memory, but rather uses a file storage. When the application is used with load balancing, you will need to use a shared folder or the recommended MsSqlServerStorage IStorage imeplementation.

Please give a try of the IStorage implementation and let us know if the error still occurs
"

If you need further help, please let us continue the discussion in your support ticket.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
pavan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or