This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reports Blank After Installing Visual Studio 2017

4 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Graham asked on 22 Jun 2017, 01:52 PM

We have many Telerik MVC Reporting reports developed in Visual Studio 2015 (VS15). Earlier today, I installed VS17 and opened the solution. Then I reverted to VS15, and my reports will no longer open. Clicking on the buttons that normally open them has no effect whatsoever - nothing happens. However - I published to a test server, and the reports ran fine from there - so it's something to do with my PC. I have tried the following:

1. rebooting the PC

2. running the Telerik Reporting repair from the Telerik Control Panel

3. deleting the entire solution from my PC, and then getting it back from source control

It looks as though something on my PC has been changed by the VS17 install - any idea what it could possibly be?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2017, 01:56 PM
For clarification, the reports won't run on the web site when being run from Visual Studio: they can still be opened and run in the designer in Visual Studio, and they run OK from a server after I publish to it.
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2017, 03:14 PM

Another clue: on inspecting the web page, I see the following error:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) ... telerikReportViewer-11.1.17.614.js

Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
answered on 23 Jun 2017, 07:48 AM
Working again now I've replaced the file telerikReportViewer-11.1.17.614.js . No idea why it went missing, but probably nothing to do with Visual Studio 2017.
Accepted
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jun 2017, 11:01 AM
Hello Graham,

Thank you for this update.
In future you can check if there is a problem with a missing CSS, JS, HTML resources by using the browser's F12 Developer Tools - Network tab. You can also use Fiddler, where you can see all requests, their statuses and responses by the server.

Regards,
Stef
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Graham
Top achievements
Rank 2