This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reports appear without data in Report Viewer after update to Q2 2013 from Q1 2011

2 Answers 24 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Travis asked on 04 Sep 2013, 04:26 PM
Hello,

We recently upgraded the reports to the Q2 2013 release in a project that was previously using Q1 2011. We carried out this update in our local and development environments without issue. However, in the production environment, we experienced some issues that did not come up in our other environments. The reports render fine if they are generated from code and sent to the browser, but, if they are generated using the report viewer control, the report structure renders (fields on the form show up in the correct place, and default values for fields, set in the designer.cs file, render, see screenshot here: http://screencast.com/t/CJKr3kWBntgk) but there is no data being loaded into the form. This persists when we export the report from the report viewer, exporting a report that has no data. This behavior occurs for every report in the system.

I introduced some logging into one of the reports, and reviewed the differences between one that is generated in the report viewer versus one that is generated in the code and output to the browser. There are about 3 times as many entries in the working report as the non working report. At first, I thought the NeedsDataSource event for the report may not be firing, but, it seems to be called in both cases. I've noticed that the detail_itemDataBound event is not getting called, nor are the NeedsDataSource events for my tables in my report. 

I would expect the report to fail in both places, if it was something with the report. It seems like this is environment dependent. There is nothing in the Event Viewer which suggests there is an issue here. Could this be related to our .NET version on our production server (we only have 4.0 on production, while in development we have 4.5.)? Has anyone run into similar issues? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Travis

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2013, 02:54 PM
Hi Travis,

Please take a look at the Design Considerations for Out-proc Session State help article.

If this is not the case, please update your support ticket on the same question, with the requested example and details.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2013, 07:24 PM
Hello,

Thank you for this link. This is exactly the issue. 

Travis
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Travis
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Travis
Top achievements