Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
0 answers
113 views
Solved. Thanks!!
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Sep 2011
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

We have a report that prints fine on the client's WinXp machine.  They received new Win7 machines today and the reports are now printing at a shrunken, almost microscopic size when printed from the ReportViewer.  The report looks fine in the ReportViewer but when  printed it prints at a shrunken size.  We tried this on 2 different computers to 2 different printers with the same result.  I tried saving the report as pdf from the ReportViewer, opened it in Adobe, and it printed fine.  What is strange is that we have this same report at other locations that are using Win7 without a problem.  The report page settings is Portrait;Letter.

Also, the same application has a few ActiveReports in it (we are slowly converting them to Telerik) and they print fine.

Do you have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you.
David A.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
3 answers
92 views
Is there a way to set the tab sequence of the report parameters in the silverlight viewer?  I have a report that has 5 parameters, and it's taking three - four tab strokes to get from one field to the next.
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
1 answer
87 views
Hi,

I am confused about the report viewer's toolbar. My report has 50 pages in it. I want to jump directly to 25th page. How can i do it?

One is I type in the number and press tab, it takes me to the required page. It's happening on lost focus of the textbox to my knowledge.
But i want this functionality when i press enter, instead of tab. 

Is there any way to proceed to the page by pressing enter??

thank you
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
1 answer
294 views
Hi,

I am using SqlDataSource and data loaded from stored procedure. While designing the report, I am getting this error once the wizard try to populate the result fields. pls check the attachement.

Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks,
Suresh.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2011
4 answers
506 views
Is it possible to use multiple datasources on the one report, and use them at the same time,  like Datasource1.field1,  Datasource1.field2, datasource2.field1, etc.?  I've already searched the forums and google, and the posts are all from 2008, so maybe it has been improved since then?



Chris @ Intrinsic
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
2 answers
121 views
I have the following set up in my report:

A Table with a Header row and 1 data row. Inside the data row is another table, which is displaying most of my data.

I'm having issues with this data row because if the inner table is too big to fit on the page, it moves the entire table to the next page, leaving only the header row on the first page and a ton of blank space. From there, it will then cut itself correctly if it's still too big for one page. Is there a way to force the paging logic to look inside a table row to page, before it just puts it on another?

I've tried setting KeepTogether = true on the outer table and KeepTogether = false on the inner one, but it still doesn't work.  Any help would be really appreciated because I may have to consider other reporting alternatives if I can't get this format working.

Thanks!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2011
1 answer
342 views
I have a multi-value report parameter generated from a SQL query.  The values are retrieved from the database table and listed in a drop-down list.  I have a textbox on the report that should display the selected value(s); however, its' not working.  How do I display the selected value(s) inside that textbox?  The textbox is displaying system.object[].

Thanks,
Rob
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
3 answers
262 views
A sample for consuming the WCF service in a non-Silverlight web app would be very useful.  The documentation for the Telerik.Reporting.Service namespace is pretty sparse.  An example showing how to render a report using either the IResourceService export method or the IReportService render method in an ASP.NET app that does not use Silverlight would be very helpful.  For example, can I use a RenderingResult in a report viewer?  If not, how do I get a report back through the web service and display it in a page in another web app?

Thanks,
Jen
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
3 answers
765 views
I've recently joined a team that uses several Telerik Controls.  In trying to complile the solution i'm getting the following error ....

Error 110 The type 'Telerik.Reporting.Report' exists in both 'c:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Telerik.Reporting\4.2.10.1110__a9d7983dfcc261be\Telerik.Reporting.dll' and 'c:\Users\dlburlin\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\ccams portal\63c8d154\7e485bda\assembly\dl3\cff3d571\00671892_66a1cb01\Telerik.Reporting.DLL' C:\Users\dlburlin\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\cCAMS\Web Application\DEV\cCAMSv2\cCAMS Portal\Reports\BackupInventoryReport.aspx.cs 53 27 C:\...\cCAMS Portal\

i've tried deleting the Temporary ASP.NET files folder but of course its recreated.

Any pointers on what's going on here would be much apprecaited!

regards
Dave

p.s. Using Visual Studio 2010/ .NET framework 4.x
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2011
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?