Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
150 views
I have create summary report by add a textbox in ReportFooterSection and set Value =Sum(Fields.Value)
when click export to csv I got an extra column show summary value in every rows
Elian
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
5 answers
248 views
Hi,

I am unable to set the font size of the x axis iem labels of a chart.

I have tried to set the it using PlotArea -> XAxis -> Appereance -> TextAppereance -> TextProperties -> Font -> Size
But that has no effect.

I have tried it on the supplied profuct line sales.trdx for Q3 2012 that comes with the Report designer, as well as custom reports i created in VS, to no avail.

Much Appreciated

Heinrich
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
1 answer
148 views
Is there a way I can change the filter in run time based on a report parameter?

Ex. The user can choose, via A, or via B
If A is selected, the filter should filter the data via column A in the database,
If B is selected, the filter should filter the data via column B in the database.

Thank you. 
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jan 2013
2 answers
316 views
I am trying to use one report for multiple items. I need to be able to sort the report in code behind on multiple fields.  

                    Dim sorting1 As New Telerik.Reporting.Data.Sorting()
                    sorting1.Expression = "=Fields.DriversLicenseExpiration.Date"
                    sorting1.Direction = Telerik.Reporting.Data.SortDirection.Asc

I found the above in the forums but I can not get it to work and I need to be able to sort on multiple columns  like:

sorting1.Expression = "=Fields.DriversLicenseExpiration.Date; Fields.ProgramGroup" 

Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
1 answer
108 views
I'm evaluating several reporting platforms and have some questions I haven't been able to easily find in the documentation:

1. Does Telerik Report have Sticky Headers? Meaning if say I have paging set to 250 Records, when I scroll down on the screen will the header always be visible ? Is that possible currently?
2. Do you have in column sorting? So for instance if I display grid like content to my users and they want to resort the data based on a column (for instance Date) Desc, they can simply click the column header to resort data?
3. Do you have in line column filtering? For instance i was to filter all results and only show results for date 1/1/2013 in line - is that possible?
4. Do you have map integration for plotting many addresses and doing extending reporting based on mapping?
5. In line editing in reporting? Ability to easily in line edit a report?
6. Do you support international rules/characters?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
12 answers
448 views
Once I export stylesheet settings from a report, how can I re-import it and edit?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
3 answers
445 views
Hi

Is there a way to list all the month names as a report parameter?
I want the user to select the month and pass the number of the month to the filter.

Thus, ParameterMonth.Label = Month Name, ex "December" and ParameterMonth.Value = Number of Month, Ex "12".

Preferably I would like to do this with an Array in code.

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and Telerik reporting Q3 2012.

Thank you.
Hadib Ahmabi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
2 answers
203 views
EDIT: Sorry for the thread title, I only realized that I messed up the title after I posted the thread.

I need to get a value from volumeSumFunctionTextBox textbox in one of the subreports and display it in textBox1 in master report. My code is as attached below. But when I run this, detailSection will be null. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my code?

private void textBox1_ItemDataBound(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox textBox
    = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)sender;
  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report report = textBox.Report;
  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection detailSection
    = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection)Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ElementTreeHelper.GetChildByName(report, "detail");
  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport subReportFuel
     = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport)Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ElementTreeHelper.GetChildByName(detailSection, "subReportFuel");
  Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox subReportTextboxFuelVolume
     = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ElementTreeHelper.GetChildByName(subReportFuel, "volumeSumFunctionTextBox");
 
  textBox.Value = subReportTextboxFuelVolume.Value;
}

Secondly, the master report's ReportParameters allows MultiValue. Therefore I'll need to display the sum of all values in volumeSumFunctionTextBox in textBox1. Which section of the report should I put textBox1? I've tried putting textBox1 in reportFooter but the textBox will not be displayed if I select more that than one value for ReportParameters .

Thanks.
Iris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Jan 2013
0 answers
85 views
Greetings

I need to display some data like this:

Item #                                Reach (Y-74)         Reach (Y-82)        RoHS                  Conflict Metals

54001                                C                              C                              C                         C

52768                                C                              NC                           C                         N/A

                Reach (Y-82) NC due to 431-145-2 Purchased from Futuristics Components Inc (Supplier #191100) non-compliant

101-4030                          C                              C                              C                         C

3190-278                          C                              C                              C                         C

                RoHS NC  Purchased from Santron Inc (Supplier #XXXXX) non-compliant          

101-0032                          C                              C                              C                         C

Please notice the 2 red detail lines. Can I achieve this with crosstab ? If so, how? I think I'm stuck with crosstab because the last 4 columns are dynamic and I need crosstab's column group feature to display them.

Mihai Dinculescu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Jan 2013
2 answers
156 views
I'm currently using the below which adds Filters using AND, how could I use OR

foreach (string filter in _rptFilters)
    {
            Telerik.Reporting.Filter newfilter = new Telerik.Reporting.Filter();
            newfilter.Expression = "= StringToUpper(Fields." + filter + ")"  ;
 
            newfilter.Operator = Telerik.Reporting.FilterOperator.Equal;
            newfilter.Value = filter.Substring(filter.IndexOf("_") + 1).ToUpper();
 
            table1.Filters.Add(newfilter);
     }
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Jan 2013
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?