Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
183 views
Hello,

I have the following situation:
- I use ".trdx" reports created with standalone Report Designer in ASP.Net MVC application
- I have a reserved space for a graph in a report,
- the report is parametrized to select from a database values within a date range, the size of the range could vary significantly from one week or less to one month, three months or even more.

Problem is that if my serie is with daily data then I get too many labels that overlaps over each other. I saw that I can configure LabelStep on the scale but that is a static setting. If I increase the LabelStep to have the labels properly displayed for one month then I remain short on labels.

Ideal solution for my problem would be to have a way to bind LabelStep to a report parameter so I can calculate how big it shall be from outside depending on selected range.
Another solution would be to have somehow a way to configure a maximum number of labels to be displayed for the XAxis and the LabelStep to be adjusted automatically based on that
The desperate solution I was considering also was to dinamically modify the ".trdx" XML report before it get loaded by the report viewer, but didn't found a way to intercept a component/interface that would allow me to do that.

Could you please suggest any option to address this issue?
Thank you,

Vasile


Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2014
3 answers
456 views
I new user on Telerik. I want save my pdf report on server. I want when user click save button report save on server a folder. 
My function is:

 public void SaveReport(string fileName="aaaa")
        {
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor reportProcessor = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();
            System.Collections.Hashtable deviceInfo = new System.Collections.Hashtable();
            deviceInfo.Add("DocumentAuthor", "Umut Güncan");
            deviceInfo.Add("DocumentTitle", "İlkPdfKaydı");
            deviceInfo["OutputFormat"] = "JPEG";

            Telerik.Reporting.TypeReportSource typeReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.TypeReportSource();
            // reportName is the Assembly Qualified Name of the report
            typeReportSource.TypeName = "Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.Invoice, CSharp.ReportLibrary";
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.RenderingResult result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("ddfe.PDF", typeReportSource, deviceInfo);
            
            fileName = result.DocumentName + "." + result.Extension;
            string path = @"d:\rpr\";
            string filePath = System.IO.Path.Combine(path, fileName);

            using (System.IO.FileStream fs = new System.IO.FileStream(filePath, System.IO.FileMode.Create))
            {
                fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);
            }
        }

How can I define assembly name? Reagards...
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2014
3 answers
453 views
I downloaded the the trial binaries from telerik site for WPK Controls and Reporting but found that they were for .Net Framework 4.0 and 4.5.

We are developing a WPF application with 3.5 framework and were looking for using telerik reporting for generating the reports. Can someone please point me to telerik WPF controls and reporting for .Net Framework 3.5?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2014
4 answers
184 views
When I render a report in a new window using version 11 of Internet Explorer (IE 11) the content gets squished.  See attached image of example.  If I show the ReportViewer refresh button and click it the report renders correctly.  I've tried many different page and report life cycle events to refresh to get it to render correctly on opening, but nothing worked.  I changed the Height setting as well for the ReportViewer and no good still.  It exports fine and renders correctly in IE 10.  I distribute to 2 different versions of IIS and both have the same problem when IE 11 used (7.0 and 7.5 IIS used to test).  I have attached a screen image of what I'm talking about too.

I'm using version 8.0.14.225 of the Reporting control.
The web site is using Framework version 4.
I've set the Height to: 550px, 800px, & 100%.  Always get the same squished result and size on opening of the report.

The report is opened by passing URL for the page that holds the ReportViewer in JavaScript and the command looks like:
window.open(rValue, "Report", "resizable=1,width=1000,height=600");

The page design source is pasted below (I already tried setting id's as specified in other forum post; this also didn't work):
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Audit.aspx.cs" Inherits="Reports_Audit" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
<title>Audit Report</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>
<telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server"
ShowParametersButton="False" ShowRefreshButton="False" Width="100%"
Height="500px" ShowDocumentMapButton="False" DocumentMapVisible="False">
</telerik:ReportViewer>
</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2014
2 answers
268 views
I have some large reports 500-1000 pages, they display fine, but they seem to take up a lot of memory on the server.  the w3wp.exe keeps building up.  If I have 500 people opening up a different 500-1000 page report, it seems like it's going to be a major hit on the server.  Is there anyway around this?

I'm using the silverlight viewer.  It would be nice to dump all the data to the client and free up the memory.  I guess maybe I could the the render to pdf option instead of showing the report.  I would guess the server would then get rid of the memory after the file is downloaded.

Maybe there's no way around this and I just have to limit the number of people who can view the reports.  Or I guess I could make a crude report viewer or xaml tree and use silverlight 4's printing.  Then I could just dump all the data to the client.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2014
1 answer
209 views
I have just put Telerik Reporting (HTML5) into my web application (MVC5), and I have followed the documentation available online, but I have been only partially successful at getting it to display due to an error that comes up within the template itself (below the navigation/toolbar).The error message within the template shows the following:Internal Server Error:

An error has occurred.<br>Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.OpenAccess, <br>Version=xxxx.x.xxx.x, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It is not part of the documented install procedure to include a reference to Telerik.OpenAccess... So, I am assuming that this error is stemming from within one of my references that is shipped with Telerik Reporting Q1 2014 (v8.0.14.255)?

I have attached the following references in my application as per this these instructions this and this..
  • Telerik.Reporting
  • Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi
  • Telerik.ReportViewer.Mvc
  • Telerik.Reporting.Cache.Database
  • Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering
  • Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering

Help would be greatly appreciated in resolving this issue.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2014
5 answers
409 views
Hi,

           I downloaded Report Designer Q1 2014 yesterday. I want to create Ad Hoc Report for end user.  The tables and columns available in dataset should be available for the end user to select  only the Required column and design their own report.  But the end user will not have Report Designer in their Desktop. Can you please confirm whether this can be done through Telerik.


Thanks,
Jegan Benitto Francis
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2014
1 answer
113 views
I've created quite a few reports with my Q1 2013 version of the report designer and they are run on our web site. I need to get another license for the designer to have as second person creating reports. I'd like to know if they get a new version of the designer and I update both my designer and the dlls on the web site will there be any compatibility issues with the trdx files created with the old designer.

Seems like it should work but if there is anything that I should watch out for I'd be interested to know.

Thanks,
Don Rule
http://translationalsoftware.com
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2014
1 answer
112 views
Hi All,

I have a data column(datatype:nvarchar) which has a value as 1-20 when exported to csv format column values is showing as "20-Jan".
 instead of 1-20.

Please help in solving the issue.


regards,
R
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2014
7 answers
755 views
I'm having difficulty passing parameters to my reports using the MVC helper. The viewer loads the report correctly, but I'm not sure why it wont accept my passed values. I have an int and string to pass, I'm currently trying:

@{
    var report = new UriReportSource() { Uri = "Report.trdx" };
    report.Parameters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Parameter("UserId", Model.UserId));
    report.Parameters.Add(new Telerik.Reporting.Parameter("UserName", Model.UserName));
}

@(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer()
           .Id("reportViewer1")
           .ServiceUrl("/api/reports/")
           .TemplateUrl("/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate.html")
               .ReportSource(report)
           .ViewMode(ViewModes.INTERACTIVE)
           .ScaleMode(ScaleModes.SPECIFIC)
           .Scale(1.0)
           .PersistSession(true)
        )

This is my first attempt as using the standalone designer, but I setup my parameters in the same fashion as previous reports. I keep getting "not all parameters have valid values". Attached an image with my current parameter setup.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 27 May 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?