Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
1.0K+ views
hello,
how do I hide a column in a table, depending on the parameter value?

grateful,

Carlos Carvalho
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2014
4 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi,

is any possibility to start telerik report (in wpf) with zoom to set into "fit width"?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
93 views
I would like to be able to 'save' a report from the web backend and 'load' it in a WPF client app to print it.
I only know about the serialization and deserialization of reports using ReportXmlSerializer but this is saving \ loading report definition (without fields).

Is this possible with Telerik Reporting?

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
2 answers
161 views
I have been trying to get a basic report to show up on a test page using the Telerik Reports (Trial) product, but am unable to be successful.  I have retrieved the data (in various scenarios) and bound it to the ReportViewer, but nothing shows up (not even my columns).  Am I missing something?  Code Below:


01.protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
02.{
03.    if(!Page.IsPostBack)
04.    {
05.        string strFakeToken = "0x00C1F7F02751764B9E03D36DC1F10C2E010000004D5FE0DA32126BFFD53944A657C59323ED483AA729D6C109632DBD0A56662191094CD17AA16E5BFAFB30C557E4F7F133";
06.         
07.        System.Text.ASCIIEncoding encoding = new System.Text.ASCIIEncoding();
08.        byte[] myByteRep = encoding.GetBytes(strFakeToken);
09. 
10.        Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource sdr = new Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSource();
11.        sdr.ProviderName = "System.Data.SqlClient";
12.        sdr.ConnectionString = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["MyDBName"].ConnectionString;
13.        sdr.Parameters.Add("@settingID", System.Data.DbType.Int16, 1);
14.        sdr.Parameters.Add("@workSpaceID", System.Data.DbType.Int16, 1);
15. 
16.        sdr.Parameters.Add("@securityToken", System.Data.DbType.VarNumeric, myByteRep);
17. 
18.        sdr.SelectCommandType = Telerik.Reporting.SqlDataSourceCommandType.StoredProcedure;
19.        sdr.SelectCommand = "[SOMENAME].[ItemMasterReport]";
20. 
21. 
22.         
23.         
24.        // Access the Service to pull the Data Reader in the line below
25.        IItemMasterReportService imr = new ServiceProxy.ServiceProxy.ItemMasterReportServiceProxy();
26.        // Create Data Reader (for use below)
27.        IDataReader idr = imr.GetItemMasterReportDataReader(IdentityHelper.CurrentUser.RecentWorkspaceID,1);
28.         
29.        // Create the Data Table (to be used in the Data Source below)
30.        DataTable dt = new DataTable();
31.        dt.Load(idr);
32.        //dt.TableName = "ItemMasterReport";
33.        dt.TableName = "Budget";
34.        //dt.TableName = "Capacity";
35. 
36.        // Create the Data Source (to be used in the Report below)
37.        Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource ods = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
38.        ods.DataSource = dt.Rows;
39.        //ods.DataMember = dt.TableName;
40.        //ods.DataMember = "Budget";
41.        //ods.DataMember = "Capacity";
42. 
43.        // Create the Data Set (not used ??? )
44.        DataSet ds = new DataSet();
45.        ds.Load(idr,LoadOption.OverwriteChanges,string.Empty);
46. 
47.        // Build the Report (to be used in the Report Source below)
48.        Telerik.Reporting.Report report = new Telerik.Reporting.Report();
49.        //report.DataSource = ods;
50.        report.DataSource = sdr;
51. 
52.        Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource irs = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
53.        irs.ReportDocument = report;
54.         
55.        // Set some basic stuff for UI for diagnostic purposes
56.        usertoken.InnerText = IdentityHelper.CurrentUser.Token.ToString();
57.        workspaceID.InnerText = IdentityHelper.CurrentUser.RecentWorkspaceID.ToString();
58.        settingID.InnerText = "1";
59. 
60.        rptvwJaredTest.ReportSource = irs;
61.        rptvwJaredTest.RefreshReport(); // now that all the sub-work is done, render the report in the report viewer in the UI
62.    }
63.}
Jared
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
158 views
Hi. I want to create a table with group rows in the second column in Designer. I made group in the first column, but cant do this in the second column. How can I do this?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
160 views
How I can create multi-level reports using telerik

Reports structure will like this

Subject 1
Sub-subject 1.1
Comment 1
Comments 2

Sub-subject 1.2
Comment 1
Comments 2


Subject 2
Sub-subject 2.1
Comment 1
Comments 2

Sub-subject 2.2
Comment 1
Comments 2

Please provide me any sample link and source code.




Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
113 views
we are using telerik reports for creating reports.While exporting a report to excel (from report viewer)
its row heading are merged into several ones.Please refer the attachments for more details.


Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
3 answers
186 views
Hi to all,
I've this problem, I created a CubdeDataSource, my MDX query replay me 4 columns:
  1. Activities
  2. All
  3. Customer
  4. Contact

The first is a dimension that aggregate the visit of salesperson by a particular tipology called Activities (a simple category),
moreover the other dimension is "Type" that has 2 values: Customer and Contact, that aggregates the visits of salespersone based if is customer or contact.
And then the level "All" of dimension "Type" but I'm not interessed.

Now on telerik report I put a char, set a CubeDataSource and specify 2 Series that link to Customer and Contact. Ok!

But now I would show label using Actitivites column. What can I do?

PS: I've attached: result set of MDX query, and chart (evidence in blue)
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
86 views
Hello,

we have a problem with image rendering in the top of report. If we run a application on server side, it works correct. If we publish the page to Internet, the logo was not displayed.

Part of the configuration file


<system.serviceModel>
    <serviceHostingEnvironment multipleSiteBindingsEnabled="true" aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" />
    <services>
      <service
              name="Telerik.Reporting.Service.ReportService"
              behaviorConfiguration="ReportServiceBehavior">
        <endpoint
               address=""
               binding="basicHttpBinding"
               contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IReportService">
        </endpoint>
        <endpoint
                address="resources"
                binding="webHttpBinding"
                behaviorConfiguration="WebBehavior"
                contract="Telerik.Reporting.Service.IResourceService"/>
        <endpoint
                address="mex"
                binding="mexHttpBinding"
                contract="IMetadataExchange" />
      </service>
    </services>
    <behaviors>
      <serviceBehaviors>
        <behavior name="ReportServiceBehavior">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
        </behavior>
        <behavior name="">
          <serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="true" />
          <serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="false" />
        </behavior>
      </serviceBehaviors>
      <endpointBehaviors>
        <behavior name="WebBehavior">
          <webHttp />
        </behavior>
      </endpointBehaviors>
    </behaviors>
  </system.serviceModel>

Part of data service class:

[AspNetCompatibilityRequirements(RequirementsMode = AspNetCompatibilityRequirementsMode.Allowed)]
    public class WebClientService : IWebClientService
    {
...
}

Version of components: Q1 2014 8.0.14.311

Obtain Image data using SQL query.

Did I miss anything?

Thanks, Michal
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
1 answer
132 views
Hi.

I have a project, not written by me.
Using telerik first time.
Export button does not shown in run-time, but i see it in design.
What has happened, how can I return button?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?