Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
359 views
Hi,

I am using version 6.2.12.1017 of your Reporting components.  I have an aspx page that uses the Telerik ReportViewer control.  When the page loads, I set the reports datasource and refresh the report.

The report is generated and data displays in it.

PROBLEM
=========
I just added a RadTabStrip with two tabs and a RadMultiPage with two RadPageViews.
A RadGrid is in the first tab/pageview and the second tab/pageview contains ReportViewer.

Now when the page loads the report is empty / blank until I hit the Report's Refresh button.  Then the report shows data immediately.

MORE INFORMATION
==================
- If I move the ReportView outside of the MultiPage/PageViewer, it again works correctly...  the reports is displayed as soon as the page loads as expected.
- Ajax isn't really involved.  The grid itself has a RadAjaxPanel around it.  I've tried putting the RadAjaxPanel around ALL controls (tab, multipage), but that didn't help.
- The page has a RadAjaxManager on it, but I've set EnableAJAX="false" and it didn't help.

What's the trick?  How can I make the report display on page load, when it is inside a RadMultiPage / PageView?

Thanks,
Michael
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2014
3 answers
421 views
Hi,

How can i add a report parameter drop down with preview button in the top of the report as in telerik report dashbord example,
Please let me know any video demo how can i do this or process to do.
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jul 2014
1 answer
458 views
When trying to open a report preview in the designer, I receive the following error:

An error has occurred while processing Map 'map1': Unable to establish a
connection to the database. Please, verify that your connection string is valid.
In case you use a named connection string from the application configuration
file, make sure the name is correct and the connection string settings are
present in the configuration file of your application. -------------
InnerException ------------- Format of the initialization string does not
conform to specification starting at index 0.

I chose the option to save the connection string, but my config file differs a bit from the typical setup. My connection strings are in a separate config file using the following syntax:

<connectionStrings configSource="myProjectConnections.config" />

The Report designer correctly added the connections to the myProjectConnections.config when I chose the option to save connections, but I have a feeling this is related to the designer failing to preview the report. In addition, the data sources in the data explorer, as well as the map wizard don't show or allow for the selection of the data sources I have added to the report.

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2014
1 answer
372 views
We are having to redirect the bindings for the Telerik controls since we are using 2013.3.1316.40 and the reporting is looking for 2013.3.1016.40.  We would like to not have to push down 8 config files to every one of our systems only to have to delete or update the config file when we no longer need the redirect.

Does anyone know of a way to embed the bindingRedirect into the EXE itself?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2014
2 answers
79 views
I am trying to implement this http://blogs.telerik.com/careypayette/posts/13-12-12/establishing-a-telerik-restful-reporting-service-in-under-5-minutes

Where to I get this dll  Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine

I downloaded the trial version and that dll does not seem to there?

Also the reports I generate by code and not by the designer, how can I use the REST api to generate these reports.  Is there any examples


Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jul 2014
1 answer
194 views
In the stand-alone report designer, it is possible to export templates using an export template wizard.  Is the same thing possible in the visual studio designer?  If not, is there any way to manually create report templates in visual studio?
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2014
1 answer
133 views
Hi,

Currently I am investigating the testing facilities available for Telerik specific reports.

As part of the current Telerik Testing Framework, what coverage is offered to develop coded unit tests (C#) around a Telerik instance reports or Telerik URI reports?

Kind regards,

QT1
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2014
1 answer
86 views
Hi,

first I want to say, that I am really surprised about the speed improvements of the current release. After upgrading to q2/14 the speed of excel export was improved from about 14 minutes to approx. 45 seconds. Report size: 7000 rows, 40 columns

Furthermore I have one suggestions for the excel export and cross tables. Maybe you can realize them or maybe it is already planned.

When exporting to excel it will be good, if the groupings are also available in excel. I know that they are built up by merging the appropriate cells, but it will be better if you use the native excel function for this, that a user is able to collapse the rows in excel, too.


Regards

Karsten
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2014
7 answers
1.0K+ views
Hello,

I found that the HTMLTextbox cannot support all HTML markups http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/report-items-html-text-box.html.

Is there a way wherein I can create a 2 x 2 cell content inside the HTMLTextbox?(just like using a table) I tried using
<Div style='display:inline'>Data1</Div><Div style='display:inline'>Data2</Div><Br /><Div style='display:inline'>Data3</Div><Div style='display:inline'>Data4</Div>

but it seems that the htmltextbox does not support "display:Inline" style. Also when I use span, I cannot control the width which cause misalignment of the data.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Jul 2014
1 answer
180 views
Hi there,
Is there a way to access the values contained in fields within the same detail row at runtime (not during processing with itemdatabinding/itemdatabound)?
What I am trying to accomplish is to have a user double-click or single-click a field, retrieve an id from within the same detail row and open the associated editor for quick access.
For example, in an invoice report, a user may click on the invoice number and that invoice will appear for them to edit.
Within the double-click event I can access the TextBlock that was clicked on but when inspecting the control hierarchy, there does not seem to be a way to determine where a detail row begins or ends as all page content is lumped onto one canvas.  I also tried to search by Name (as each field within the report is named appropriately) but the name is not passed to the actual TextBlock control.
The next thing I tried was to add a navigate to url action to the field.  But I was unable to intercept the action to provide custom processing logic.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jul 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?