Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
894 views
I trying show report in asp.net mvc.

Telerik Report v8.0.14.225

Procedur , javascript , report desing screenshot attached
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2014
3 answers
1.7K+ views
Hi,

With respect to the this link http://www.telerik.com/forums/report-viewer-is-not-working-on-mvc-need-your-advise!

I had gone through again and found that I had given the entry on root web.config instead of Views\Web.config file. Now this issue is resolved, but we have another issue that we are when ever we are trying to run the report, from jquery we are getting error that:

----
TypeError: jQuery(...).telerik_ReportViewer is not a function<script>
 
                jQuery(function(){
                   

jQuery('#reportViewer1').telerik_ReportViewer({"serviceUrl":"/api/reports/","templateUrl":"/ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate.html","reportSource":{"report":"~/Views/TransactionSummary/Report1.trdx","parameters":{}},"viewMode":"INTERACTIVE","scaleMode":"SPECIFIC","scale":1,"persistSession":false,"printMode":"AUTO_SELECT","disabledButtonClass":null,"checkedButtonClass":null});
                });
</script>
----

As matter of urgent, can you please give some input's why we are getting this error? Since I was able to fix the problem, I have not raised separate support ticket for this as suggested in above link.

Along with this issue, I have question which I'll add into new thread.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards!
Venkat
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Dec 2014
2 answers
297 views
I have a report in the designer I have the column name as "COLUMN ABC". When generating the report I am passing an int parameter, if the parameter = 1, I want the column name to be "COLUMN 123". How do I do this? I can set the report title based on the parameter in the code behind but I cannot seem to change the column name. Looks like an easy task but cannot see a way to do it. 

P/S: I've tried setting (Telerik.Reporting.TextBox)table1.ColumnGroups[4].ReportItem.Value but that does not change it when the report is generated.
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2014
1 answer
361 views
Hello,

I am having difficulty writing a method that will render my report as a PDf so that I can attach it to an e-mail. Here is my code:

[HttpPost]
[Route("api/supportingreports/email/{reportName}")]
public bool SendReportViaEmail(string reportName)
{
    // TODO verify user access to report
    try
    {
        var reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor();
        var report = new Report {DocumentName = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath(string.Format("{0}{1}.trdx", FileUtility.ReportPath, reportName))};
 
        var instanceReportSource = new InstanceReportSource {ReportDocument = report};
        instanceReportSource.Parameters.Add(new Parameter("userId", 3));
        instanceReportSource.Parameters.Add(new Parameter("eventId", 0));
        instanceReportSource.Parameters.Add(new Parameter("exceptionId", 14));
        instanceReportSource.Parameters.Add(new Parameter("employeeId", 3860));
 
        var result = reportProcessor.RenderReport("PDF", instanceReportSource, new Hashtable());
 
        var fileName = report.Name + "." + result.Extension;
        var path = Path.GetTempPath();
        var filePath = Path.Combine(path, fileName);
 
        var mailMessage = new MailMessage {From = new MailAddress(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["fromAddress"])};
 
        using (var fs = new FileStream(filePath, FileMode.Create))
        {
            fs.Write(result.DocumentBytes, 0, result.DocumentBytes.Length);
            fs.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);
            var a = new Attachment(fs, report.Name + "." + result.Extension);
            mailMessage.Attachments.Add(a);
 
            mailMessage.To.Add(new MailAddress("cbohatka@aztekweb.com"));
            mailMessage.Subject = "TEST";
 
            var smtpClient = new SmtpClient();
            smtpClient.Send(mailMessage);
        }
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message);
        throw;
    }
 
    return true; // dummy return
}

I am receiving a PDF attached to my e-mail but it is smaller than expected and display an error message.

Thanks in advance!
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2014
3 answers
198 views
Hi!

We are using the Telerik reports and Kendo charts as part of our project. Though we have successfully able to use Kendo charts in our project, we have some issues with respect to using Telerik Report Viewer on MVC application.

With respect to the same one of my colleague has created an thread earlier some time back for support. Since he has used his own account to get the suggestions Telerik had requested him to use 'valid support subscription' account.

Here is his link:

http://www.telerik.com/account/support-tickets/view-ticket.aspx?threadid=877256


Due to we're busy with other things we could not reply to you earlier.

As it's mention in that thread, we had followed the same steps to get the Report Viewer to enable on MVC, but we could not. Right now I am trying to attach isolated project files as zip file with 167 kb size file, since only image type files are allowed to attach, I am not able to send the code. May I know any other way to send you the files?

Hope for the positive response from you at the earliest!

Thanks!



Venkat
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Dec 2014
4 answers
566 views
Hi Telerik, I am currently creating a report that will be generated using a Web Service. I am loading the XML Data through entering its path (can come from local machine / HTTP source) through xml.Load("path"). It returns the XML file as String (I'm not sure if this is good or bad). Now, how am I going to connect a Telerik 
Report to the XML file that was returned by the method that I have created on the Web Service? This is my first time creating a Web Service. I'm using VB as my programming language. Hope someone can help me thanks!
Lea
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Dec 2014
2 answers
80 views
Hi all,

I am trying to put together a report where my objects has child collections, then those child collection objects have child collections and so on. Many levels of depth.

The problem I am having is not being able to insert a page break where I want it.

The object structure is:

Sites
---- SiteFunctions
-------- Actions
-------- Procedures
-------- Recoveries

So:
1. The data source for the report is set to Sites
2. From there I was using a List control in the page detail bound to SiteFunctions
3. From there I was using Table controls to list out Actions, Procedures & Recoveries

My problem is I am unable to get a page break inserted after the Recoveries have been listed out.

Can anybody give me some guidance on how to structure the report and get the page break in where I want it?
I find the documentation is very limited except for the most basic of reports and no decent tutorials available to explain the concepts.



1
1
1





Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Dec 2014
1 answer
153 views
Hi, here is the simple code:

        
void ReportToDefault(Report report)
        {
            if (report == null) return;
 
            System.Drawing.Printing.PrintController standardPrintController =
                                    new System.Drawing.Printing.StandardPrintController();
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor reportProcessor
                                                = new Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor();
            reportProcessor.PrintController = standardPrintController;
            try
            {
                reportProcessor.PrintReport(report, Properties.Settings.Default.defaultPrinter);
            }
            catch (Exception ex) { MessageBox.Show(ex.Message); }
        }

What is the best practice: to create the report processor and controller each time a doc is printed in background (for instance if it's kinda printing manager, and it receives requests to print from different apps), or better to instantiate the both classes once on the app start up and then just call Print Report?
Is it ok if several Print controllers and processors are active and several threads?
The idea is simple.. if we have the intensive doc-to-print feedback, then what's the better way to be sure the general App is not hanging on while printing is not over?

Thank you!
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Dec 2014
1 answer
165 views
We have two accounts and two computers. The versions of Telerik Reporting on both computers are not the same. Computer 1 currently has Q2 2013 SP1. Computer 2 has Q3 2013. I would like to update computer 1 to the same version  as computer 2. However, we are not ready to update to the latest available release.

Is there a way we can upgrade computer 1 to Q3 2013?


Thank you,
Jack
​
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2014
1 answer
273 views
Is it at all possible, when writing an assembly to be referenced by the standalone designer, to pull information from the designer itself, like maybe the open report file name, etc.
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2014
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?