Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
99 views
Please refer the attachments..

I need to print "from date" and "to date" if the date range contains null values. Currently its not printing If I pass a date range with null values. How can I fix this issue.(Image : "Without_Data")
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Mar 2015
1 answer
208 views
Hi,

I am using        
 this.chkComplianceStatus.Text = "{Fields.COMPLIANCE_STATUS_CODE} - {Fields.COMPLIANCE_STATUS_DESC}";     
this.chkComplianceStatus.Value = "= IIf(Fields.RANK_NUM = Parameters.al_rank_num.Value,True,False)";
for the checkbox to be checked.But the checkbox is not getting checked, the above expression is always returning false

FalseValue = "= False";
TrueValue = "= True";
Fields.RANK_NUM is of type Number
Parameters.al_rank_num is of type integer

I also tried this.chkComplianceStatus.Value = "= IIf(Fields.RANK_NUM.ToString() = Parameters.al_rank_num.Value.ToString(),True,False" +
    ")"; to make sure bothe types are same so that it will return true, still this is returning false. Can i convert integer type to string this way in the expression itself?

I don't know where i am going wrong.Please let me know

Thanks in advance
Gopinath




Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
1 answer
352 views
Is there a way to set the line spacing in textboxes ??? If so please give me the path.... I cant find it..
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
1 answer
130 views
I have created a report using temporary database and its working properly. Now I want to move it to the original database which is having the same columns as in the temporary database. So when I do it I need to configure the data source again if I want to add multiple reports. Is there a way to automatically do this data source configuration process if I configure data source of one report correctly.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
2 answers
266 views
I designed a report in 2014 Q1. When I export is to excel huge number of empty rows are generated. Report contains Page Header Section1 and Details section1. Currently detail section is empty.Please refer my screen shots. How to solve this problem.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
1 answer
147 views
I am dynamically reading parameters for my reports from either a posted web form or a querystring, and as such they're all strings. Currently I loop through the parameters in my report, and match up the supplied parameter names to do an assignment like this:

      foreach (ReportParameter parameter in MyReportSource.ReportDocument.ReportParameters) {
        switch (parameter.Type) {
          case ReportParameterType.Boolean:
            parameter.Value = Convert.ToBoolean(Parameters[parameter.Name]);
          break;
          case ReportParameterType.DateTime:
            parameter.Value = Convert.ToDateTime(Parameters[parameter.Name]);
          break;
          case ReportParameterType.Float:
            parameter.Value = Convert.ToDouble(Parameters[parameter.Name]);
          break;
          case ReportParameterType.Integer:
            parameter.Value = Convert.ToInt64(Parameters[parameter.Name]);
          break;
          default:
            parameter.Value = Parameters[parameter.Name];
          break;
        }
      }

is there a better way to do this? If at some point Telerik adds a new parameter type, I have to go in and change this code (which I'd like to prevent). Can I just use:

      parameter.Value = Parameters[parameter.Name];

does Telerik take the Value and internally covert it? or would just passing along all the Strings potential cause me issues later with things like validation and default values? 





Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
3 answers
187 views
Hi! After looking in the documentation, I did not find how to make interactives parameters
in the Report Designer. Let’s say I create a report about services and I want a
list of services. The client will find the report in Report server (no code)
and will select the service or the services who interest him. How can I do
that?

 
Thanks for your help

Richard
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Mar 2015
3 answers
150 views
So I am an owner of Telerik Reporting. I would like to use the HTML5 Viewer, but I see it requires Kendo UI, which I don't own. Futhermore the CDNs specified in the documentation are marked for "trail" use. To complicate matters more, I'm working on a project that runs off a local intranet server with no external internet access, as such I would need to download and locally link these JS files... but I don't own Kendo UI... so do I, as a Telerik Reporting customer, have legal access to use these libraries to implement the HTML5 Viewer? or don't I?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2015
2 answers
1.5K+ views
I have a report that supports multiple languages. Most of them display and export to PDF correctly. But there are two that will display correctly in the ReportViewer, but when exported to PDF they display all the characters as empty squares. I'm using Arial Unicode MS as the report's base font. The two problem languages are Amharic and Tigrinya. They do display correctly if exported to Word or Excel. The properties of the PDF show that it is using the correct Unicode font. This is all taking place on my desktop development environment. I've checked all the language settings on my computer and read other threads here with a similar problem. None of the suggested solutions work. The report does work properly in English, Russian, French, Somali, Spanish, and Vietnamese.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks!
Hinata
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Mar 2015
1 answer
257 views
I have problem with telerik report component. I do not how to start fix it.In common I have SilverLight project where I use telerik report. I used version 7.0.13.220 (Q1 2013 build 7.0.13.220) But i update telerik Kendo UI to 2013.1.220.1050After that my reports do not open in Design mode. But it works in application.When I update version of telerik report 8.1.14.804 (Q2 2014 SP1)In this case I can open report in design mode. But I got error in app

A report can't be created from Reports.CustomerBalances, DMS2.Reporting, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null Unable to cast object of type 'CustomerBalances' to type 'Telerik.Reporting.IReportDocument'.

Do you have any idea ?
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2015
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?