Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
341 views

Hi everyone

We are building a WindowsForms application and we would like to include a Report Designer control. Basically give the user the ability to draw up basic reports themselves.

Is there a Telerik Control that can replicate the reporting designer as a windows forms control?

Any other 3rd party designers you know?

Thank you.

Jako
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Mar 2016
1 answer
164 views

Hi,

on my report  I have some report parameter (Visible = true) and I would like to avoid the report preview until at least one of those 3 parameters is been choosen.

If it is possible I also would like to show a message to remind to the user that he has to choose at least one of those parameters

Please, see the printscreen

Thank you
Nasko
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2016
22 answers
1.4K+ views
Hello, i would like to enter a page break when list RowCount() = 4. Is it posible to do somehow using designer or code ? Thanks indeed for any help. I know i can add custom formatting rules but there is no page break option to select. Basically i need to put a page break in a list after a certain number of list rows.
Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Mar 2016
10 answers
243 views

Hi,

is it possible to create a map on a report and connect the points with a line?

As the attached file

Thank you
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Mar 2016
1 answer
173 views

Hello, 

I'm wondering if it is possible to replace the title of the standalone ReportDesigner. I'm planning to distribute the designer along with my own product that uses Telerik's reports.  So I would like the designer to be under my brand too. Is this possible ?

Thanks

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Feb 2016
4 answers
479 views

Hi,

There is an issue on export or printing the print,

all  rtl text direction will return to ltr direction.

 

thank you

Ehsan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2016
0 answers
168 views

Hi, our company upgrade telerik report from version Q2 2011 SP1 to Q3 2013.

I upgraded telerik version with upgrade wizard, then exception occured.

=================

Type: Telerik.Reporting.XmlSerialization.Current.ReportSerializable`1[xxxxxx.Report.PaymentReports.Complete1099Report]
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Collection is read-only.
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.CreateInstance(Type type, String name)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadObject(Type type)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadXmlElement(String name)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadValue(Type type, String text)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadProperty(Object obj, PropertyDescriptor prop, Type propType)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadProperties(Object obj)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadObject(Type type)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.ReadXmlElement(String name)
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.ObjectXmlReader.Deserialize()
at Telerik.Reporting.Xml.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader reader)
at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportSourceSerializer.Deserialize[T](String xml)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.SerializableReportSource.OnDeserialized(StreamingContext context)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.RaiseDeserializationEvent()
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
at System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.ReadValueFromStream(BinaryReader reader)
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.ReadValueFromStreamWithAssert()
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.DeserializeItem(String name, Boolean check)
at System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateItemCollection.get_Item(String name)
at System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionStateContainer.get_Item(String name)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ViewerStateFactory.HttpSessionStateStorage.get_Item(String key)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ViewerState.GetSessionReportSource(String key)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ReportDocument()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ParamsManager()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Adapters.ControlAdapter.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

=================

We are using ReadOnlyCollection to get parameters from reports.config. In previous version, it works perfectly but I have no idea

what has been changed and what I should do to fix this issue.

Is there anyone has the same issue before?

 

Thanks

Joon

 

Seokjoon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Feb 2016
1 answer
235 views

I have a multi valued parameter where a user can select multiple users to filter a report.  If I choose user A, B and C, the report will show only items associated with those user A, B and C.

When I try to do this using  [= Join(",",Parameters.Leaders.Label)], I do not get the desired results.  I get the following:

Header: A, B, C

A Details

Header: A, B, C

B Details

Header: A, B, C

C Details

I want to be able to group the report by these users so that each section is unique with the following results:

Header A

A Details

Header B

B Details

Header C

C Details

Is this possible?  To split out each value selected in a multi valued parameter and group uniquely be each?  I think the trick is that A, B and C are not fields.  They are parameter values.

 

Thanks,

Phillip

Katia
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2016
1 answer
226 views

I am trying to see if there is a way to load the bar chart with the data in the format that I currently have.

I am trying to create a chart that would look like the attached bar chart, where the data is supplied in the current format

RowTitle                Mean    Median YourEndFndn YourEndFndnBench
Current Quarter     2.3        2.3        2.9                  4.2
Year To Date        -1.6       -1.9      -1.9                  -.4
1 Year                  -1.6       -1.9       -1.9                  -.4
etc.

Is there a way to create the bar chart with the data in this order or will I have to convert it to another format for the bar chart to be displayed?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Feb 2016
1 answer
536 views

Hi,

is it possible to use font-awesome and css inside a text expression?

something like

<i class='fa fa-alarm-icon icon-red'></i>

where fa-alarm-icon and icon-red are declared on my style.css

*.icon-red {color: red; font-size: 1.3em;}

.fa-alarm-icon{position:relative;}
.fa-alarm-icon:before {content:"\f12a";}

 

Thank you

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2016
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?