Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
6 answers
448 views
Hello,

How can I make a panel or detail row in the grid have a gradient background?

I only see one color I can set for the background color of either. I tried using an image (gradient) as the background image and repeated it with the RepeatX option and it worked except I can see on the panel where each image is repeated (i.e. there are visible vertical lines across my panel.

Should I create a new gradient image that matches the width of my report so the repeating won't happen or is there a better way to get gradient on a panel?

Thanks.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Mar 2009
0 answers
92 views

Hello ,
Please any one can help me , I made Report in telerik reporting with  4 report parameters 2 datetime , 1 integer , 1 string , inside this report I put subreport with same parameter because main report for chart and subreport for display date , first
NeedDataSource fired true but second NeedDataSource  have error  Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime sql exception was unhandled by user code

 

thanks in advace

Nada
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Mar 2009
1 answer
159 views
Hi,

I have developed a web site where I use this function:

Dim report1 As New Report1()
Dim mimType As String = String.Empty
Dim extension As String = String.Empty
Dim encoding As Encoding = Nothing
Dim buffer_it As Byte() = Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", report1, Nothing, mimType, extension, encoding)
Dim fs_it As New FileStream(strAttachment_pdf_path & id_ordineRif & "_1_ITALIANO.pdf", FileMode.Create)
fs_it.Write(buffer_it, 0, buffer_it.Length)
fs_it.Flush()
fs_it.Close()

to create a PDF file from a telerik report at runtime.

On the development machine it works well.
When I deploy the web site on the remote server, I have this permission error:

"Access to the path 'c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\1159_MauroCattaneo_1_ITALIANO.pdf' is denied"

I understand that telerik code use this folder to create a temporary file, am I wrong?

I ask my provider to give my website permission to this folder, but I don't know if they agree...

Is there another way for me?

Thanks in advance...

Best Regards
Mauro Cattaneo - Italy
Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2009
1 answer
92 views
hola, mental know if you can use the kind of reporting in a Windows Application as a designer without using Visual Studio
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2009
4 answers
141 views
Ok...In my report I tried building a report using textboxes.  It was working "ok" but the web preview wasn't looking good at all and completely off from the other preview.

I then decided to open the word doc and save it as a .jpg.  I created a picture viewer and put the .jpg image of the report in place.  I went to preview it and it crashes visual studio.  It gives this error:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "CoverSheetReport.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_Code.gaslankx" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed.

The .jpg file is added to the project and I browsed to that location on the machine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!


Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2009
4 answers
469 views

Hi

I want the rowcount / linenumber of each line in the detailsection showing up. E.g.

#    Name
1    foo
2    bar 
3    cat
4    dog

I think this must be very easy achievable, but didnt found out how.

Regards
Joffrey
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Mar 2009
5 answers
549 views

Hello,

I have a create a report  in which there will be dynamic number of columns. How can I add dynamic columns in a report and if the report size gets wider than the page size then the first two columns should repeat on the next page and the dynamic columns should start from the next after what is displayed on the first page. 

What makes this report tricky is that is has to page not only on rows but on columns. For example the dynamic columns of type is  "Room Type" with columns "K-1A" through "DD-1B" on one page. And If there are more room types, I need to create a second page with the same rows but with the additional room types. The header of Room Type(The dynamic column should be dynamic also)
For the deatiled view of report please see the following link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lVd31YDancIyTPORZrwPaQ?feat=directlink

 

  • In the above link Item Code and description should repeat on the next page and the columns "K-1A"-"K-5A" are on one page and other columns should be on other page with the "Item code" and "description" repeat on the next pages too.
  • The next question is how can I add the columns dynamically with dynamic headers.

 

Hope my problem is clear in these words.
Please reply as I have to deliver my report as early as possible.

Thanks
Yuvika

 

 

 

 

Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2009
1 answer
209 views

Hi

I just copy the code from another thread and convert it to vb.net. I want to get the "cateID" data in ItemDataBound event, however, it (sCurrentID) always receive null. Are there any mistake in my code
  
Private Sub detail_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles detail.ItemDataBound

        Dim procDetail As Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection = CType(sender, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.DetailSection)
        Dim oRow As DataRowView = TryCast(procDetail.DataItem, DataRowView)

        Dim sCurrentID As String = TryCast(oRow("CateID"), String)
End Sub

Please help me, thx a lot.

Alexis

Milen | Product Manager @DX
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2009
1 answer
174 views
Hi,
I had the problem of big PDF file size. I solved it by setting the FontEmbedding=None in the DeviceInfo HashTable.
The problem of the file size is solved, but after that in every report I get al least 2 blank pages before the effective report.
If I set the deviceInfo = null everything works fine.
The detailsSection.keeptogether is set to false and the report header is not visible.
If I open my report in the report viewer everything seems fine.

any suggestion?

Thank you.

Matteo
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2009
1 answer
147 views
Hi there

Hope somebody can help here

My 3 issues are

1) How can I suppress the white space between page header and detail sections in a report

2) I have a background image which repeats in the Y axis to create a background border for the detail section for each page when exported to PDF, however if the data on the last page does not reach the end of that page, it only prints the background image down to where the data reaches, how can I force it to print the background image as a whole.

3) I have some text boxes which need to contain "*******" on any page except the last one, on the last one it will contain the invoice totals, any way I can do this in code?

Thanks in Advance

Sean
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?