Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
143 views
I recently just upgraded from Telerik_Reporting_2009_1_430_trial.msi to Telerik_Reporting_2009_2_701_dev.msi. I followed all of the steps listed at (http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/installation-upgrading-trial-to-dev.html) . I have a report called MasterReport.cs that contains various subreports. It appears now when viewing the MasterReport.cs in design time (through VS 2008) the data for the sub reports is not showing. (Header sections for the sub reports do however...)
  Whats even weirder is I view the report through a report viewer on a web page everything (including the data for the sub reports) displays fine. So one thing I noticed right away was in my class library project(the ones containing the reports)  I can no longer reference the telerik.reporting.processing namespace as I was before upgrading. In the trial version ,I believe there was a seperate .dll for this namespace whereas now it exists in the telerik.reporting.dll. (telerik.reporting.dll I have infact already referenced)
  i believe this is where the problem maybe as I have no way to reference the   telerik.reporting.processing namespace. In my masterreport.cs I also use objects from this namespace it in the NeedDataSource even to set datasource for subreports. Still not sure why it works on the web page however. So I guess my questions are 1) Is there a way to reference telerik.reporting.processing    in my class library project? 2) Could it be something else that is causing this weird behavior.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2009
1 answer
157 views
If I create a report using an existing dataset I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." when previewing. If I create a new dataset with the report wizard everything works ok.

I'm connecting the SQL Server.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2009
4 answers
343 views
Hi Everyone,

I read this thread and apply it in order to add several subreports on the same detail section.

My problem is that the first sub report is more than one page and that messes with the render:

The first page is blank
The second page is filled with the first part of the first subreport
The third page is filled with the second part of the first subreport and the second subreport
The fourth page is blank
The last page is filled with the last subreport.

here is my code:
Telerik.Reporting.SubReport subRep;  
Unit unitX = Unit.Cm(0.1);  
Unit unitY = Unit.Cm(0.1);  
SizeU size = new SizeU(Unit.Cm(0.5), Unit.Cm(0.5));  
 
foreach (string wo in woArray)  
            {  
                
 
                //create subreport   
                subRep = new SubReport();  
                subRep.Size = size;  
                subRep.Location = new PointU(unitX, unitY);  
 
                subRep.ReportSource = new Report(wo);  
                unitY = unitY.Add(Unit.Cm(2));  
 
                 
                detail.Items.Add(subRep);  
 
            }  
 

Thank you.
 PS: I would like to have all subreports to begin on a new page regardless of the length of the predecing subreport if any
regis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jul 2009
2 answers
234 views
Hi

I need a radar chart in my report, how can i do that with telerik reporting ?
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jul 2009
1 answer
77 views
Hi,

How to set a text of an item in a reportheader section programatically?

Like while during postback need to get values based on user selection in an aspx page and set it in an item of report header section.

Help is very much appreciated.




Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2009
1 answer
141 views
I have a report that I need to run automatically and generate sets of PDF files to specific folders on a network share drive, each with a unique name. I had setup a quick project with MS Access and was able to do this, although it's a bit buggy. For production I recoded the report into a Winform app using Telerik Reporting Q1 2009. The app does function as intended, but I noted that the machine gobbles all of the memory. I can watch the app run and as it's generating new PDFs, the memory use just continues to climb. I tried to do what I figured would release the memory, but it's not working.

Here's my code, did I miss something? How do I get the application to quit grabbing memory as it runs?

The report has 2 subreports included on the same page.

----Routine start---
        Dim con As New SqlConnection(My.Settings.CCO_MM_DATA)

        Dim sql As String = "usp_RptFaceSheet_ClientList_DIST"
        Try
            con.Open()
            Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter(sql, con)
            Dim ds As New DataSet
            da.Fill(ds)

            'Get Data Table
            Dim dt As DataTable = ds.Tables(0)

            'Display Data
            For Each row As DataRow In dt.Rows
                If Directory.Exists("S:\Development\FaceSheets\" & row(2).ToString) Then
                    Me.ReportViewer1.Report = New TestFaceSheet.Report1

                    TryCast(ReportViewer1.Report, TestFaceSheet.Report1).ReportParameters(0).Value = Int32.Parse(Trim(row(0).ToString))
                    Dim mimType As String = String.Empty
                    Dim extension As String = String.Empty
                    Dim encoding As Encoding = Nothing
                    Dim deviceInfo As Hashtable = New Hashtable
                    deviceInfo("FontEmbedding") = "None"
                    Dim buffer As Byte() = ReportProcessor.Render("PDF", ReportViewer1.Report, deviceInfo, mimType, extension, encoding)
                    Dim fs As New FileStream("S:\Development\FaceSheets\" & Trim(row(2).ToString) & "\[" & Trim(row(1).ToString) & "]ClientInfo.pdf", FileMode.Create)
                    fs.Write(buffer, 0, buffer.Length)
                    fs.Flush()
                    fs.Close()
                    deviceInfo.Clear()
                    fs.Close()
                    ReportViewer1.Dispose()

                End If

            Next
            con.Close()

        Catch ex As Exception
            MsgBox(ex.Message)
        Finally
            con.Close()

        End Try
        End
----Routine end----
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2009
4 answers
214 views
I am trying to build a Web Form page to use to test my new report.  But when I drag the ReportViewer control from the toolbox over to my page I am getting this error:

The operation could not be completed. Invalid FORMATETC structure.

Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2009
3 answers
270 views

Hi,

I have created the report and make the formatting using &nbsp; and <br/> ,When I am seeing it on the browser it is perfect what I need ,I am getting  however when i export to PDF the report is showing the &nbsp and <br/> tag.

However we know it is not right ,since export should have to function well and export same as it is showing on the browser as other exporting program do.

Please provide the solution.

Thanks,
Neeraj

 

 

 

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2009
1 answer
149 views
Hi,

I have a requirements and I am hoping I can use Telerik to achieve this. I have to print data on premarked Business Card paper, i.e. which has 10 business cards per page (5 rows, 2 columns). I want to be able to print on both sides. I need to be able to print multiple at once, i.e. more than 10 if possible, running to the next page. I should also be able to select the starting point of where to print.

For example. If I print 3 cards the first time, then I need to be able to start from the 4th slot which is in the 2nd row, 2nd column. If this requirement CAN be met, then I need to be able to flip the page and print the back side on the correct places.

Is this possible with Telerik Reporting, do we have any examples?

Thank you.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2009
3 answers
310 views

Hi,

I would like to know if there is a way to change the report from the regular style to be in black and white. I would like this to be changeable either by code or even better using a report parameter to indicate if we want it in black and white or color.
Thanks
Naphtali

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?