Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
101 views
Is there a limit on the length of the select command text for the TableAdapter?

Is there an easy way to bind the report to a Stored Procedure without passing any parameteres (i am using vb)?
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2009
1 answer
244 views
One can put their report parameters into a particaular sequence in the ReportParameter Collection Editor.  Then the report parameters are displayed in that sequence left to right in multiple rows.  But that appears to be the end of control over the parameters other than setting one or more to (in)Visible.  If you make one of the parameters not Visible, then subsequent parameters are moved up in sequence.  Food for thought as enhancements:

1. Allow parameters to be frozen in position even if one or more are made not Visible.  Thus, retaining their relative placement if that placement is important to useablity.

2. Allow programmable control of the tab sequence of the parameters.  In the case where my logical, useable tab sequence might be 1, 3, 2, 4.

Thanks,
Dan
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Sep 2009
2 answers
69 views
Is it possible to use classes that were created in my web application to retrieve data for a report?  For example I have a class in the bin directory of my website called "MyClass" and there is a function in there called "MyDataset" which retrieves the exact data I want to have displayed in my report.  Do I have to copy the code from "MyClass.MyDataset" to the report project to use the code, or is there a way to reference the existing code that I have already created.  I cannot simply reference the app_code dll because it would create ambiguous namespaces when I reference the ReportLibrary in my Web app.

Thanks for the help.

Thomas Salt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
1 answer
240 views
Attempting to create a new report using the wizard.  I select "Create new Data Source", then I select "Business Object".  Then I get to the prompt where you can choose the object to bind to.  My assembly is not listed.  It states that if you object does not appear, cancel the wizard and rebuild the project that contains your object.  Have tried that and it does not work.  That assembly is still not listed.  The assembly I am creating the report in contains a valid reference to the assembly with the business object.

Same problem occurs when I try to set the DataSource via the properties of the report.  The assembly is not listed.

I created an entirely new test solution with the same architecture and the assembly with the business object in it does appear in the wizard.  I just cannot get it to appear in the solution I need it work in.

Using:
Visual Studio 2008 Professional Version 0.0.21022.8 RTM
.NET Framework Version 2.5 SP1
Telerik Reporting Q2 2009

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike Booth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
1 answer
116 views
Hi,
I am using telerik reporting and I already created a report .It works fine my problem is I added extra sections to it and I used report book to combine the reports into a single report.It wont work for some reason it will either return me the first page or the second page which is the extra sections I added .My question is there a way I can work around without using the report book because  I tried combining everything into a single report and it wont recognize when I use multiple stored procs so I had to divide them into two projects and use the report book.
I know it supports more than one stored proc because I am using 4 stored procs in my second report and it returns data so i dont understand why it wont recognise when i combine it  into a single report.Is there a work around or am I doing something wrong.
Please advise.
Thanks
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
1 answer
175 views
Hi, i 've just installed the new tiral Telerk reporting 2009 Q2,after installing the package. There is no Telerik menu on Visual studio menu, no telerik reporting tab on toolbox, even right-click on the web site solution, the telerik templets can not be found too.
so could you please give me some advice?
My Computer is Winxp ,32-bit,english version,Visual web develop 2008.SQL express editon 2008, DotNet framework2.0,3.0,3.5 are all installed.
Hrisi
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
1 answer
257 views
I am using the Telerik reportViewer to generate some reports I also use the print function that comes with the viewer.  I just want to know if there is a way to get the response of the print dialog that pops when the print button is pressed.  I need to know if the user pressed the 'ok' button or the 'cancel' button in order to execute some code depending on the user selection.

Thanks for the response

Jonathan Melendez
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
1 answer
124 views
I have a web that I have deployed and it is working fine.

I am attempting to add a telerik report to the web.  I added a class library to the web site and created the report as is described in the best practices.  The project solution now has two projects - one for the site and one for the class library.

The report displays fine in the preview so I am now tring to deploy it to the discountasp.net host.  To move to the host I have to use COPY WEB SITE.  But this option does not include the class libray for the report so I am not able to upload it.

I must not have the class that includes the defined correctly.

Can someone point me in the right direction?


Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2009
5 answers
594 views
I installed the reporting software. I created a new web project, added a new report, went through the wizard to create the new report. The designer was able to setup the report with my new fields and eveything looked good but when I choose Preview... I see nothing but page 1 of 1 of nothing.

I checked the dataset data preview and it brings back records but I cant seem to get this simple report to preview.  Any idea of what I may be missing here?

Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2009
0 answers
187 views
Hi,
I am using Telerik table to displaying data but it doesnt seem to do anything.
becausethe stored proc I use to call the data is working and it displays data but in 16 pages
displaying the results in each line in 16 pages.
My proc returns 16 results.
I am using dataset with report viewer.This is the code

public

 

void Acc_setup_report_S6(string strAccountnumber)

 

{

System.Data.OracleClient.

OracleConnection conn = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["ConnStr"].ToString());

 

System.Data.OracleClient.

OracleCommand cmd = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand();

 

cmd.Connection = conn;

System.Data.OracleClient.

OracleDataAdapter da = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleDataAdapter(cmd);

 

 

DataSet ds = new DataSet();

 

 

 

try

 

{

cmd.CommandText =

"pkg_csharp_reports.sprocAcc_setup_report_S6";

 

cmd.Parameters.Add(

"account_number_", OracleType.VarChar);

 

cmd.Parameters[

"account_number_"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Input;

 

cmd.Parameters.Add(

"ret_result_", OracleType.Cursor);

 

cmd.Parameters[

"ret_result_"].Direction = ParameterDirection.Output;

 

da.Fill(ds);

 

foreach (DataRow dr in ds.Tables[0].Rows)

 

{

 

// //this.textBox1.Value = dr["description"].ToString();

 

 

this.textBox1.Value = dr["fee"].ToString();

 

 

this.textBox2.Value = dr["payor"].ToString();

 

}

}

 

finally

 

{

cmd.Dispose();

 

if (conn.State == ConnectionState.Open)

 

conn.Close();

conn.Dispose();

}

 

//return ds;

 

}

sree devi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Aug 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?