Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
119 views
I am currently using Telerik in WSS3.0. I have a main report with 3 sub reports in which the main report will pass the parameters to the sub reports to do the filtering on the respective sub reports.

I have tried testing using the administrator and everything works fine. The problem comes when I test it using a non administrator. The main report is fine but all the sub reports have error 'An error has occured while processing.....'.

Please advise as I have no idea on where to look for in this issue and I need to fix this urgently. Since administrator have no problem with the report.
I am using the version 2.9.8.1209
Eugene
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Sep 2009
3 answers
379 views
hi,
when i use stored procedure, i am not able to use the Wizard so i have to add the reports column one by one manually by adding
the textboxes.
is there an easy way to use the stored procedure.
is there anyway to use wizard for creating the report and using the stored procedure?

Thanks
Zahra Mottaghi-Far
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2009
1 answer
126 views
Hi,
I've been developing a web application that creates reports via the web report viewer.
I set up parameters that work with filters in order to create the cascading affect. The expression of the filter was complicated so I used a user function to create the expression.  The function returns an ArrayList.
The filter is as follows: 
   

string

 

filterValue =  "=MyNameSpace.MyClass.MyFunction(Parameters.Parameter1, Parameters.Parameter2)";

 

report.ReportParameters[parameterName].UI.AvailableValues.Filters.Add(

"=Fields.Field1",

 

 

FilterOperator.In,

 

filterValue);

 

Everything was working fine until I changed the web application to work with the settings of session mode to state server.
 I get the following exception:
    "The expression contains object 'MyNameSpace' that is not defined in the current context."

I read Design Considerations for Out-Proc Session State (HOW-TO Use Out-Proc session with Telerik Reporting).

Why isn't it recognizing the function?
How can I get the function working?

I'm using version 2009 Q2 SP1 of the telerik reports.

Naphtali

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2009
2 answers
460 views
Hello,

I'm new to telerik reporting and I've been trying for a few days to Bind a DataSet to a Table from the code-behind(I want to make it look like a simple table (like simple DataGrid in ASP.NET)). I want to make so the columns and the rows are automatically generated for every DataSet that I give to the Report, so with every DataSet the table will have different columns and rows. I create the dataset codebehind so i cannot use the design view like it's shown in the demos. I've searched the internet for a solution but coudn't find any. The thing is everytime I bind a dataset to the table some cells appear, but there is no data in the cells - they are blank(white as the background). I'm probably missing something but I can't figure out what, I would be grateful of you give me some tips.

Apostol
Apostol Apostolov
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2009
1 answer
104 views
Hi,

I have a large set (atleast a 50,000) of possible values for a parameter. Obviously it wouldn't be efficient to list all values at the intial load of the report. Instead I would like to suggest values (using ajax possibly) based on what the user is typing into the parameter textbox. (something like google suggest). Is this possible? Do you have an example?

Thanks
Mahipal
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Sep 2009
6 answers
420 views
Let's suppose that I need to do row grouping but I need to change the column order.

We have the example:

Company

VAT rate

Amount with taxes

                   Total

Shell

7%

10

30

10%

20

Elf

7%

30

30

Repsol

20%

40

40


I can't find a way to do this in Telerik. The total column is on the same grouping level that Company but Telerik Reports does not allow to move the column to the right-most position.

Prakash Pogaru
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Sep 2009
1 answer
96 views
Hello,

I am trying to get a hyperlink to work correctly that displays values from a databse field in the link. I can get that to work using the texbox, but then when I want to export to PDF the html is in the PDF. I'm not sure how to get this to work with the HTMLbox. I read that the latest SP has some fixes for the htmlbox and hyperlinks. Can someone from Telerik or anyone else show an example of how to correctly add a link that uses database fields in the actual link while also being able to export to PDF safely without showing the html markup?

Thanks,

Justin
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2009
1 answer
73 views
Dear Sir ,
                  this is suriya,,,, i wanna disappear the text "Generating Reports" Text loading while the report is loading ,
(Not in the report viewer).... Is there any way to disappear it ?

Please reply ASAP.....



By
Suriya Narayanan S
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Sep 2009
1 answer
389 views
Hi,

We have choosen Telerik reporting tool as our primary reporting tool for one of our project. We are facing issues with respect to the rendering time. We have few reports where the data gets from the stored procedure in 10 seconds and when we bind the same data (straight forward method) to the reporting control, its taking 45 minutes to show the report.

I would like to know if there is any other thing which we are missing... I will get the report designer file and can send you if you need it.

Now the client is asking me why can't we switch to SSRS / other reporting tools. How can we defend this question? Please let us know if any links are there to helpus out.

Regards
RK
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Sep 2009
2 answers
171 views
I just wantto sum only fields that appear on a single page and display it in the same page's pageFooter section(only the fields of the regarding page). However when i drop a textbox onto he report and say SUM(Fields.X) fo the textbox, it sums all the fields of whole report not sums only the fields of a page on per page. How can i do that? Isn't pageFooter right place to do that?
Kem Arda
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Sep 2009
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?