Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
4 answers
390 views
I'm pulling my hair out on this problem.

What i need is a report where we have a reportheader and a pageheader.
The Pageheader should not appear on the firstpage, witch can be done using the PrintOnFirstPage=False.
When u use this workingmethod the Pageheader space will be reserved on the first page anyway.
So when my pageheader has a height of 2cm it will have a blank space of 2cm on my first page.
To me thats not a feature but a bugg, i can't see this as logic behavior. When i say, don't show the pageheader on the first page i don't wanne see a blank space :O|. (sorry its frustrating me)

I tried to use a groupheader in the detail section, with a panel in it. Then use the ItemDataBind event to check if i am on the first page or not. I did this with with a bool and i was planning to set the panel visible when i'm not on the first page.
But the ItemDataBind event gets only called once. Not on every page.

So i'm looking for an event that gets called on every page so i can set the panel visible true/false depending on what page i'm at.

Or another solution where i can use a reportheader and a pageheader (that don't show on the first page and don't give me with space).

I like the reporting tool so far tho. I kinda used all the features it has and it works fine. Just this one is annoying me bad.

Kelly Harris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
118 views
Hi I have a set of telerik reports running well form the development environment.  I complied and distributed the app including telerik.reporting.dll and telerilk.reportviewer.webforms.dll in the bin directory.  I also included the .resx file to test if it was a resource problem.  Basically the screen looks like capture.gif  what am I missing?  I'm using Q2 2010.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
6 answers
367 views
I am building a report for the following data:
--> FacilitY
--> Assessments
--> Photos

A facility can have multiple assessments and an assessment can have multiple photos. I can get the Facility data and the Assessments data to show up. I can not get the photos to load. I am loading the Photos SubReport during the 'assessmentsTable_Item
DataBound()' event as a subReport in a cell, but it doesn't appear that it is loading. Here's the code:

private void assessmentsTable
_ItemDataBound(
object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (m_HasRecords)
    {
        Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table tab = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Table)sender;
 
 
        Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement[] elems = tab.ChildElements.Find("textBox16", true);
 
        for (int i = 0; i < elems.Length; i++)
        {
            DataTable dt_assessments = GetAssessments();
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox assessmentID = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.TextBox)tab.ChildElements.Find("textBox16", true).GetValue(i);
 
            Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport rep1 = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport)tab.ChildElements.Find("subReport1", true).GetValue(i);
            //Telerik.Reporting.SubReport rep2 = (Telerik.Reporting.SubReport)tab.ChildElements.Find("subReport2", true).GetValue(i);
 
            DataTable dt_photos = GetPhotos();
 
            LoadPhotos(dt_photos, assessmentID.Value.ToString(), m_Counter++, table2.Height.Value + 10, rep1);


private void LoadPhotos(DataTable dt_photos, string assessmentID, int i, float height, Telerik.Reporting.Processing.SubReport subReport1)
{
    DataView dv = new DataView(dt_photos, "photoSourceID='" + assessmentID.ToString() + "'", "PhotoDateTime", DataViewRowState.CurrentRows);
    subReport1.Report.DataSource = new RMReports.AssessmentPhotos(dv, m_PhotoDirectory, m_EventID.ToString());
    subReport1.Location = new PointU(new Unit(0.5, UnitType.Inch), new Unit(m_CurrentYLocation + height + 1, UnitType.Inch));
    subReport1.Size = new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(7.9999217987060547, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch), new Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(0.900000274181366, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch));
}

public AssessmentPhotos(DataView dt_photos, string photo_directory, string eventid)
{
    /// <summary>
    /// Required for telerik Reporting designer support
    /// </summary>
    InitializeComponent();
 
    //
    // TODO: Add any constructor code after InitializeComponent call
    //
    m_PhotoDirectory = photo_directory;
    m_EventID = eventid;
    LoadPhotos(dt_photos);
}
 
private void LoadPhotos(DataView dt_photos)
{
    table2.DataSource = dt_photos;
}

Any help would be appreciated.
Kris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
214 views
Hi,
I try to display a report on both windows app and asp.net page using Telerik ReportViewer. My report is created on the fly. Because it's pretty narrow, I want to show the report in 2 colums in each page. It's working fine for Window app ReportViewer. In Web Browser Reportviewer It only shows 1 column per page, but when i export that to TIFF format, it shows 2 columns just like the windows app. Do I miss something when using Web Reportviewer?
Attaches are some screenshots.

Below are my codes related to this:

ReportTemplate.DetailSection1.ColumnCount = 2

ReportTemplate.Width =

New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(3, Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.UnitType.Inch)

 

ReportTemplate.DataSource = dtReportData

ReportViewer1.Report = ReportTemplate

ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()


THanks
Quan

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
99 views
Hi,

    Is there any way to stop the main report, in a drill report from requerying the database when it is reloaded?

thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
135 views
Is there anyway to log exceptions that may occur in the WCF ReportService while it is rendering a report?

there is a ReportServiceOperationException.  I can't see where it is raised or how it can be caught.

thanks

Michele
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
3 answers
459 views
Being a newcomer to Telerik Reporting I don't know if this is a known issue, or a work around is available, anyway.

I've a pretty simple table that renders in the web reportviewer just fine.
There are no header or footer rows, with just two columns of detail information.
The first column is a right justified percentage.
The second column is left justified text.  I've setting padding values so that there's some space between the columns at run time.
As I said, everything looks as expected in the web reportviewer.  When I export the report to PDF, XLS, TIF, XPS the text data is overlapping/overwriting the percentages.  If I change the text column's TextAlign to Center or Right, the overlapping/overwriting stops, but visually this isn't what I want.

Environment:
Windows 7 Pro
VS 2010
Reporting Q2 2010
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
6 answers
522 views
Hello:

Simply put, I want the report viewer's background color to not be white, but rather transparent. This includes the report & report details background as well as the report parameters area. I tried setting both the report Style background to transparent in the designer as well as setting the BackColor property to transparent where the report is generated. It still stays white. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
mc2000
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
0 answers
118 views
Su
Hi,
In my report, I did group by employee id, if there is no information or details available for one employee, the report is adding with a blank page. Can anyone please help me suppress\hide the blank pages in the report.

Thanks,

Regards,
Manoj
manoj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Aug 2010
2 answers
284 views
The Document Map Show/Hide button doesnt seem to be working for me when I click it I have to re-preview the report.

David
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?