Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
2 answers
120 views
Hi,my problem is that I have to use more than one stored procedures for different parts of my report.
For example if I have three parts in the report I have to use three stored procedures which provide the data.
Arash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Oct 2010
12 answers
673 views
Hi there,

I am using the web report viewer. My report has one parameter called 'ClassName' which is added to the report by code. The data source of this parameter is from a query. if the data source is an empty collection, the report viewer shows '<select a value>' in the parameter combo box which is fine. If I click the Preview button it shows 'Please input data for all parameters' which is also fine. However, whenever I click the refresh button or click the Export button(after selecting a format) on the viewer tool bar, I will get the following error:

Invalid value of parameter 'ClassName'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Invalid value of parameter 'ClassName'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: Invalid value of parameter 'ClassName'.]

[CancelProcessingException: An error has occured while processing the report. Processing canceled. Check the InnerException for more information.]
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem() +339
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Process(DataMember data) +315
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.ProcessReport(IReportDocument reportDocument, IDictionary processingContext) +563
   Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportProcessor.RenderReport(String format, IReportDocument reportDocument, Hashtable deviceInfo, Hashtable renderingContext, CreateStream createStreamCallback) +456
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ServerReport.Render(HttpResponse response, String format, Int32 pageIndex) +815
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportPageOperation.PerformOperation(NameValueCollection urlQuery, HttpContext context) +244
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +297
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75


Is there a way to handle this error? It should show 'Please input data for all parameters'.
Please help.

Thanks,
Richard

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Oct 2010
4 answers
146 views
I have a group summary item that has the following expression:

= (Sum(Fields.ActualAttendance) / Fields.DaysTaught)

Actual attendance and DaysTaught are integers.  i would like to display the result with single precision decimal.  How can I do this in an expression?  The problem is that the integer arithmetic is returning a tuncated integer so using the format option always display .0
What I need is to cast the integers to decimals beforehand.

Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2010
5 answers
174 views
Hello,

When I create a new report using the Telerik Reporting Template in Visual Studio 2010, there are a number of changes I need to make each time.  Can the VS Template be modified to avoid this repetition or is there another recommended technique?

Thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Oct 2010
2 answers
100 views
I use Reporting Q2 2010 4.1.10.921 & visual stuio 2010 to develop website with .NET Framewrok 3.5
On menu Telerik -> reporting, I only see Upgraged winzard menu item. I had upgraded successful but I stll can't see the other menu item: Report winzard , Report Explorer, Data winzard ..........
When drag ReportBook from toolbox to ascx,  I click New report then I can't find any Report type like demo page : http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/designing-reports-reportbook-web-viewer.html

Please tell me what is the problem.
Execuse my english.
ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Oct 2010
6 answers
400 views
Hi,

I am slightly confused with multi select parameters - can these be automatically passed through to a SqlDataSource (referencing a stored procedure) as a comma delimited list, or do I have to manually create this string in the NeedDataSource event?

Thanks
Rakesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Oct 2010
2 answers
393 views
Hello,

I have an untyped data source (and no I can change it) where all my columns are strings. I have a "date" column which I would like to format specifically so I am trying to convert the field value to a date using the following:

=IIf(Fields.MinDate='', 'blank string', CDate(Fields.MinDate))

The problem is that the one record I have with a blank string as a value is erroring out on the CDate conversion, which it shouldn't because it evaluates to "true".

If I use:

=IIf(Fields.MinDate='', 'blank string', Fields.MinDate)

then the record does display 'blank string'  so I know that it is evaluating to "true" for that record.

Any ideas on how I can convert this string field to a date so I can apply special formatting (without having to write a user function)?

Thank you.
Tracy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Oct 2010
3 answers
270 views
I'd like to call the built-in StripHtmlTags function in a user function, like this:

public static string MyFunction ( string pHtmlString )
{
    string plainText = StripHtmlTags ( pHtmlString );
    //do stuff here
    return plainText;
}

Is this possible? What namespace contains this function?

Thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2010
1 answer
136 views
hi all,

i am using telerik reporting Q2 2010 , and i want to print a report directly without showing it.
what i thought to do is show the report in a reportviewer and when the render become complete, i call the PrintReport() method.

but there is no event on windows reportviewer that i can use for Rendercompleted !

how can i do it ?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2010
1 answer
205 views
Hello,

I have following problems with telerik reporting (web report), so every help is appreciated.

1. Visibility with conditions is not working properly - when textbox, panel or datatable is by default set to visible=false,
then conditions won't trigger to show it (condition is ok, because it works other way -> default=visible, script hides it)

2. When two panels are same width and height, and are overlapping completely, one is hidden, one isn't (with script) then it causes rendering problems (none of them is visible)

3. Impossible to hide datatable column with conditions, even if i can set condition on table title and column record definition cell.

4. Impossible to control position of the item using conditions. (this is a wish to feature) Ideally telerik should be able to control with conditions every parameter of an object, or atleast those that are related to showin/rendering.

5. Instead of this semi-script language, full c# lang. syntax could be supported including direct calling public methods from any c# object
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Oct 2010
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?