This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Reporting in Silverlight 4 + VS2010 Project example

3 Answers 175 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrei
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrei asked on 07 Jul 2010, 07:11 PM
Please could you provide such example cause i can't finish deployement by myself, and using you're example i would be shure everyting is done right and reports can be used in Silverlight 4 under VS2010. It would be great if you could add it to examples and provide link for it. 10x in advance!

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 04:42 PM
Hi Andrei,

Currently the Silverlight viewer is compiled against Silverlight 3, but it does work correctly under Silverlight 4 as well. There are no additional steps that are needed to get the viewer to work. Please elaborate what are the problems that you've encountered, so that we can advise you accordingly.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jul 2010, 01:13 PM

Hello,

I want to create reporting in Silverlight. What type of project (Windows or Silverlight) should I use, to create report? 

When I use Windows Class Library everything is fine, but I can’t add that type of project to Silverlight project’s references. When I use Silverlight Class Library there is an error when I try to add Telerik Report Q2 2010 to the project:

‘The assembly reference “Telerik.Reporting, Version=4.1.10.714, Culture=netural, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be” could not be added to the project. This wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build properly.’

I’m using Visual Studio 2010, Silverlight 4, Telerik Report Q2 2010 and Telerik RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2010.

Can you provide at least one example of how to create reports and use them in Silverlight 4 and Visual Studio 2010.

Thank you.

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2010, 01:59 PM
Hi Andrew,

You should use a standard .NET class library, as the Silverlight class library is working with different subset of the .NET framework. Currently the Telerik Report API is compiled against the .NET CLR only. That said you cannot use the Telerik Report API to create report definitions in Silverlight. For more information on how to use Telerik Reporting in Silverlight please see Silverlight Report Viewer help topics and check the SilverlightDemo that comes with the sample solutions installed together with Telerik Reporting both in C# and VB.NET (Start -> All Programs -> Telerik -> Reporting Q2 2010). Additionally you may find for useful the Using Telerik Report Viewer for ASP.NET in Silverlight video.

Kind regards,
Peter
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrei
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1