This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

report rendering blank page

7 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott Li
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott Li asked on 03 Aug 2009, 04:32 PM
Hi,

I have a report with 6 columns, nothing fancy, and bound with a dataset having about 22000 rows, it takes forever to generate and when it is "done", it just show a blank page.

Any idea?  I read you knowledge base and I don't think I could put them into seperate subreports.

Thanks,

Scott

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2009, 04:44 PM
I think I am having that problem too.  I get data when I preview it in the DataSet designer but not in the report. Is that what you are seeing Scott?
0
Scott Li
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2009, 04:46 PM
yes, I could see the data in the datarows, however, in the preview, nothing but blank.
0
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Aug 2009, 04:50 PM
I get the header and footer.  Just no details.  Is that also the same?

I messed with the connection.  I switched from Integrated to a known good user.  Still the same.

I'm using a connection in the web config also.
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 04 Aug 2009, 02:57 PM
Hi Darren ,

Let me explain the process from the Report Wizard: When you get to the "Save the Connection String" dialog you have an option to save your connectionString to the config file of the app initially and then re-use it for all next reports you create. If you have chosen not to, then the connectionString is saved in the typed dataset created by the wizard i.e. once you start deploying, you would have to manually change the connection from the TableAdapters.
As far as we understand your problem is not with deployment of the project but in general the report does not show any data after the wizard has finished. Please check if in the report constructor there is a code for filling the dataset e.g.:

 try 
            { 
                this.MyDataSetTableAdapter1.Fill(this.MyReportDataSet.MyDataSetTable); 
            } 
            catch (System.Exception ex) 
            { 
                // An error has occurred while filling the data set. Please check the exception for more information. 
                System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex.Message); 
            } 

Also verify if the DataSource property has been set as well - this.DataSource = this.MyReportDataSet;

Try following our QuickStart and see if those reports come up fine.


Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
0
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2009, 04:23 PM
Hi Scott,

Putting my reports in their own project/class library fixed my problem.  Hope that works for you if you haven't done it already.

Thanks,
Darren
0
Scott Li
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2009, 04:26 PM
Thanks, Darren.

I have made it working by divide report into serveral sub-reports.

Thanks,

Scott
0
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2009, 04:28 PM
Glad you got your problem worked out.  Sorry I jacked your thread.  I thought we had the same problem!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Scott Li
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott Li
Top achievements
Rank 1
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or