This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Parameters passing without values in Q3 2013 7.2.13.1016

1 Answer 34 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shimoli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shimoli asked on 14 Nov 2013, 02:37 PM
Hi,

Today I have upgraded my Telerik reporting service with Q3 2013 7.2.13.1016 and upgraded all the reports using telerik Upgrade report wizard too. I was able to pass report parameters in previous version. But in this version, Report parameters are going to pass from Silverlight application to my Report.But on ItemDataBinding event, I am getting Report parameter without any value.Please guide me for the same. Why suddenly working thing get stop working due to new update?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 15 Nov 2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Shimoli,

Do you use the report parameters definition counterpart instead of the processing? In the newest Telerik Reporting releases it is obligatory to use the report parameters processing counterpart. The definition report parameters value is actually the parameter default value. For more information check out the Using Report Events help article:

For example:

void report_ItemDataBinding(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    var processingReport = (Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report)sender;
    var processingParameterValue = processingReport.Parameters["parameter1"].Value;
}

Regards,
Peter
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shimoli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
Share this question
or