This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report details not displayed on Webform ReportViewer

2 Answers 42 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alvin Ho
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alvin Ho asked on 04 Mar 2010, 02:15 PM
Hi there,

I am having an odd issue when displaying a report with a ReportViewer on an ASP page.

The site was developed using Visual Studio 2010 (beta 2), and when I run the page under the ASP.NET Development Server, the report is displayed perfectly.  However, if I try and open the page normally, only the report header and footer is displayed, and the details of the report is missing.  No error messages appear on the page.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Perhaps it is an ASP configuration issue whereby the datasource cannot be accessed? 

I would be grateful for any help!

Alvin

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 04 Mar 2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Alvin Ho,

Define what you mean by "open the page normally" - is that when your app is hosted in IIS? Are you hosting this on a different machine/server? If sothis is most likely a datasource issue. Make sure that the connectionString that your report uses is correct in the context of your live server.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
0
Alvin Ho
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2010, 05:14 PM
Hi Steve,

Yup, 'normally' meant on the machine running IIS.  But when I said 'ASP >NET Development Server' I didn't mean a different machine, but the virtual ASP server instance created by Visual Studio when debugging.

I have actually solved the problem, which was, as you corrected pointed out, a datasource issue.  More specifically the SQL Database was denying access to the ASP user account (integrated security was set to true for the connection string).  I created a corresponding ASP account in SQL and gave it read permission, and the report now displays correctly.  I am guessing the debug environment uses a different account for SQL authentication, which meant the report functioned properly.

Many thanks for your help.

Alvin


Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Alvin Ho
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Alvin Ho
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or