This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Designer R3 2020 Preview

1 Answer 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gurumani
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gurumani asked on 27 Oct 2020, 04:14 PM

Hi,

I am new to telerik reporting.   I have designed sample report.

i have added a crosstab , linegraph in detail section .

My datasource has 3 rows  I get 6 pages of output.

But I am expecting only single page output.

Kindly help me here.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mads
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2020, 09:14 AM

Hello, Gurumani

Thank you for trying Telerik Reporting, we hope you enjoy the product.

Does the 6 pages of output have repeating crosstabs and linegraphs? If it does, the reason might be that your elements are in the detail section of the report and the Report has a DataSource assigned. In the properties of the Report itself, which you can access by clicking at the background of the report designer and viewing the Property Browser pane, there might be a DataSource specified. This causes the detail section of the report to repeat for each row in your DataSource. If you want, check out this page about Data Items from our documentation.

To fix this you can either move the elements you only want to appear only once inside the Report Header or Report Footer section, or set the Data>DataSource property of the Report to none.

If this does not fix your problem, or if you have challenges with making the report look like you intended, please contact us again. You can also include a ZIP file with your project so we can investigate more and help you out even better. I hope you find the provided information useful.

Regards, Mads Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gurumani
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mads
Telerik team
Share this question
or