This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Designer Crashes in VS2015

1 Answer 77 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Patrick asked on 19 Mar 2016, 05:36 PM

I was previously using Telerik reporting on a project. The version I have is Q2 2014 SP1. The designer opens fine in Visual Studio 2013, but I get the following exception in Visual Studio 2015 when opening the report in the designer. I'm guessing the solution is going to be to upgrade to the latest version of Telerik reporting. I just need to do some minor maintenance, so if possible I'd like to avoid that. Thanks!

at System.ComponentModel.TypeDescriptor.AddAttributes(Object instance, <br>Attribute[] attributes)<br>at <br>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.VSDesignSurface.CreateDesigner(IComponent <br>component, Boolean rootDesigner)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.AddToContainerPostProcess(IComponent <br>component, String name, IContainer containerToAddTo)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.PerformAdd(IComponent component, <br>String name)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.DesignerHost.System.ComponentModel.Design.IDesignerHost.CreateComponent(Type <br>componentType, String name)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type <br>type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.DesignerSerializationManager.System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.IDesignerSerializationManager.CreateInstance(Type <br>type, ICollection arguments, String name, Boolean addToContainer)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager <br>manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)<br>at <br>System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager <br>manager)<br>at <br>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager <br>serializationManager)<br>at <br>Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 <br>fReload)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2016, 03:52 PM
Hello Patrick,

Visual Studio 2015 was release in July, 2015. It is supported as of Telerik Reporting Q2 2015 SP1.
Previous versions of Telerik Reporting will not add support for VS2015 and thus the Upgrade Wizard will not be available for work.

My suggestion is to install Telerik Reporting Q1 2016 which will add design-time support and will register tools in VS2015. Then you can design reports and use the Upgrade Wizard to up and downgrade reports. To install the latest version, please check Installing Telerik Reporting.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or