This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report Designer

2 Answers 95 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dato
Top achievements
Rank 1
dato asked on 28 Jun 2019, 11:42 AM
Hello. I need to generate textboxes/items dynamically at runtime, for example if there are 5 customers in datasource I neet to display 5 signature lines on report if there are 2 customers than 2 signature lines and so on. is it possible to do using standalone report designer? thank you in advance 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Neli
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jul 2019, 11:06 AM
Hello Dato,

I can suggest two options, depending on the exact scenario :

1) If it is necessary to display a signature line at the end of each customer's data record :

Place a textbox at the end of the detail section with the following Value:

=Fields.Customer + ': ............'

2) If you would like to show all signature lines at the end of the report :

Reveal the Report Footer by right-clicking outside the report area -> Report Footer. Place a List in and set its DataSource property to the data source of the Report (you would need only the customer name field). Add the above textbox in the List.

You can take a look at the attached report which demonstrated both of the suggested approaches.

Regards,
Neli
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
dato
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2019, 12:34 PM
Thank you for your response Neli. I figured it out, I used List Type (Insert>List) with Fields.Costumer and a custom textbox and the custom textbox is rendering for every customer. you can see the picture. Thanks you again.
Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
dato
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Neli
Telerik team
dato
Top achievements
Rank 1