Remove button missing after successful upload

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. DJo
    DJo avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2012

    Posted 09 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    I've built an uploader using the latest KendoUI and jQuery 1.9.1. It uses a .NET web service, which returns an empty JSON object to satisfy the new version of jQuery. The uploader seems to work; it shows the checkmark next to the file after uploading and the file gets written to the server.

    However, there is no remove button showing. I have a removeURL and removeVerb, but the remove button is not present.

    For the record, here is what the upload service returns:
    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Cache-Control: private, max-age=0
    Content-Length: 7
    Content-Type: application/json
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.0
    X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
    X-SourceFiles: =?UTF-8?B?QzpcQ29kZVxGTVNcTWFpblxQcm9qZWN0QWNjb3VudGluZ1xEYXRhU2VydmljZXNcRG9jdW1lbnRzLmFzbXhcRG9jdW1lbnRfQ1JFQVRF?=
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 23:14:56 GMT
    " { } "
    I've tried setting the content-type to "text/plain" but then the JSON gets written as a byte[] rather than text for some reason. This might be the problem but I don't seem to be able to get around it.

  2. Dimiter Madjarov
    Dimiter Madjarov avatar
    2312 posts

    Posted 10 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    Hello David,

    I tried to reproduce the issue on our side, but no avail. The Upload Widget requires the response from the server to be in JSON format with Content-Type set to "text/plain" as stated on the following Getting started page. If you are still experiencing any issues, please send me a sample project, where the issue is reproducing so I could test it locally and assist you further.


    Dimiter Madjarov
    the Telerik team
    Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
  3. DJo
    DJo avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Nov 2012

    Posted 10 Apr 2013 Link to this post

    My bad. I had written "removeURL" instead of "removeUrl".
Back to Top