We are developed WPF application and used the telerik Rad PivotGrid to display and formats based on the needs. We have one issue upon groping the data on string columns. Our issue is if we group the data on string columns, it is considering the small letters and capital letters are treating it as different due to that values are totaling inaccurately.
Following is the way we implemented to bind the data to grid.
1) We will prepare the query to fetch the data from DB based on the criteria selected by the user.
2) Data will be saved in VB.Net data table, from their we will bind it to pivot grid to do format the data as per customer needs.
3) In this case if we group the data on string columns, gird shows multiple rows based on data.
4) Suppose if we have column state, if it contains value as "CT" in one row and in another row if value is "ct", and if we group on state column. Grid shows two rows instead of one row.
5) We don't want to consider the casing(i.e case sensitive) of data in grid, please suggest us to implement the changes in application.