This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTreeView

2 Answers 52 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Priyatam asked on 25 Sep 2018, 06:54 PM

we are using 2 RadTreeview in of our form in WPF application.

we got a requirement that one RadTreeView will have  only one parent folder like Favoirites.

so whenever any folder is selected by user in another RadTreeview ,then that folder must be added in Favoirites

Ex:

RadTreeView1

Favourites

--->MyFolder

RadTreeView2

Categories

-->MyFolder

At first Favourites will be empty and when user will select MyFolder it will be getting added into Favourites.

Please help me.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2018, 10:55 AM
Hello Priyatam,

What I can suggest you is to subscribe to the SelectionChanged event of the second tree and add the selected items in the first tree view Favoirites item. Then if you want to load them when the user clicked on the expand icon, you can use Load on Demand functionality. I have prepared a sample project which demonstrates this behavior. You can additionally modify this approach so it can fit in your main application. I think this approach will be a good starting point for achieving your final behavior. 

In addition, the approach which I have used does not use binding. If you are using MVVM you can take a look at the Populating with Data -> Overview section in our documentation.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Oct 2018, 01:13 PM
thankyou so much
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Priyatam
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by