This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTabStrip Theme Q1 2010

1 Answer 55 Views
Themes and Visual Style Builder
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gustavo Molina
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gustavo Molina asked on 17 Mar 2010, 05:51 PM
Hello guys, in previous version of Telerik Visual Style Builder i've modified a theme for my RadTabStrip, now with this new version i'm trying to do same theme but i have problems, in previous version i had events i canĀ“t find in this new release such as isNotSelected, isNotSelected and IsOver, for TabItem

I have some questions:

Is it possible to has a backround color as gradient? (for all RadTabStrip not TabStripElement) because i only get solid color =(
How can i add more events to TabItem? (as isNotSelected, isNotSelected and isOver, etc) because the add button only shows:

TabItem
Selected
Pressed
MouseOver
Pressed
MouseOver
Disabled

I hope you can help me please

Best Regards

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 10:03 AM
Hello Gustavo,

Thank you for writing and for your question.

Indeed, the new states of the TabItem component are a bit different in the new Visual Style Builder since the entire theming approach is different. In your case, you can consider the TabItem state as a default state. That said, the TabItem.Selected would contain the styles for the selected state of the item, otherwise the TabItem state styles will be applied. The TabItem.MouseOver would contain the styles when the mouse is over a tab item, and the TabItem.Selected.MouseOver would contain the styles for a tab item when the tab is selected and the mouse is over it.

I am not quite sure that I correctly understand where you want to put a gradient as a background for your RadTabStrip. Currently it is not possible to add a gradient background to the panels where the controls for the different tabs are put. However, you can use the RadPanel/RadScrollablePanel as a host-control for each tab content panel since this control supports gradient background.

I hope this is helpful. Do not hesitate to write back anytime you need further assistance.

Greetings,

Deyan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
Themes and Visual Style Builder
Asked by
Gustavo Molina
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or