This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRotator property width 100%

5 Answers 89 Views
New Product Suggestions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gustavo asked on 01 Jul 2014, 10:17 PM
my problem is that ro respects the width 100% out of the screen and scroll appears, attached the code

greetings and thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Slav
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Gustavo,

The RadRotator control supports setting its Width property in percentage. Its width in this case is calculated from the width of its parent element. if the rotator is getting a higher width, most probably it comes from one of its parents that does not have a specific width. I would suggest checking for such element and setting its width either in percentage or in pixels.

I have attached a page that includes a responsive rotator, so that you can use it as a reference. In case you are still having difficulties, please send a fully runnable sample page that isolates the problem so that I can track the cause for the bigger rotator width.

Regards,
Slav
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jul 2014, 08:41 PM
thanks & regards
Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2014, 03:11 AM
your example run well but i attach my code, i need help, the difference with your example is the use the 'table' by div

thanks
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2014, 08:47 AM

Hi Gustavo,

Once you can make the table provide dimensions, the rotator should be able to fit in it. The problem is that the table would, by default, stretch with its content, so the contents cannot be expected to resize to fit the table. I am attaching here a screenshot that illustrates this.

Therefore, I advise that you either make sure the table does not stretch (I am attaching an example), or adopt a more modern design approach like the divs my colleague Slav suggested in his previous post.

Regards,

Marin Bratanov
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Gustavo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2014, 01:23 PM
Hi Marin Bratanov

Thank you very much, the code works all perfect

Regards
Tags
New Product Suggestions
Asked by
Gustavo
Top achievements