This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadRibbonBar

3 Answers 91 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam Marshall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Adam Marshall asked on 25 Feb 2010, 09:56 PM
Hi,

I would first of all like to say 2010 Q1 looks great!! Nice work.

Secondly, I am developing with the RadRibbonBar, I know there were a few issues when using it when minimised, such as the Ribbon not minimising itself again when lost focus. This is now fixed, which is great, however the Ribbon does not minimise when button has been clicked.

I have a Ribbon bar with buttons which when clicked display open a tab just below the ribbon, the tab opens fine but the Ribbon does not minimise. Is this by design?

Also, the first tab is always selected on load, I have all my RadRibbonTabs.IsSelected = False,  once a Tab has been clicked and minimised, no tabs are selected. I have also tried looping through the RadRibbonBar.Items collection and setting RadRibbonBar.SelectedTab=null but there is tab always selected.

One other issue I came across was when I dragged my application and placed it across my two screen and clicked on a Tab, the ribbon tab opened off screen to the left or the right, instead of directly under the tab header where it should open.

One other question, has integration of the RibbonBar into the main application window been implemented in thithe 2010 Q1 release?

Thanks again!

A Marshall

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2010, 11:45 AM
Hello Adam Marshall,

Thank you for the kind words.

I could not undestartand when you expect the Ribbon to minimize and why? Do you have a code that you are executing when you click on the button?

The first tab is always selected by default - this is a requirement for the RibbonBar implementation by the MS office guidelines.

The integration between the app window and ribbon is scheduled for the Q1.SP1 - in the middle of April.

Greetings,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Adam Marshall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Feb 2010, 07:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, I have code which is executing when a button is clicked. My application is a one window, tab interface and when a button is clicked a new tab is opened. As the Ribbon is set to be minimised, I expected that once the button has been clicked, it should minimise again?

I have the Ribbon set to minimise as default. I haven't checked the MS requirements myself, but I did have a quick look at MS Word, and if the Ribbon is minimised in MS Word, no tabs are selected.

Thanks

A Marshall
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2010, 06:43 AM
Hi Adam Marshall,

Can you open a support ticket and send us a sample project so we can investigate the issue?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Regards,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Adam Marshall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
Adam Marshall
Top achievements
Rank 1