This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 not showing

2 Answers 103 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cecil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cecil asked on 13 Jun 2013, 05:13 PM
I have read your online documentation AND watched the relevant SharePoint 2010 videos.
I have also searched your forum to see if there is a similar issue.
I have sent two emails to support but unfortunately received unsatisfactory responses that did not address my questions.

I have installed the Rad Editor for SharePoint 2010 and activated the following site features:
• Use RadEditor to edit HTML fields
• Use RadEditor to edit List Items

I have activated the following SPRadListView Site Collection Feature:
 I also added the following line to the ListTools.xml file:
<telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorHtmlInspector" Visible="true" Enabled="true" /> to the <modules /> section.
and I added the following code to the ListConfig.xml

<modules>
  <module name="RadEditorDomInspector" />
  <module name="RadEditorHtmlInspector" dockingZone="Module" enabled="true" visible="false"  />

</modules>

Please see attached for the screenshot I get when I click to edit or add a list item.

Basically, what I have showing up in SharePoint is not consistent with the demo on your site: http://sharepoint.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/web-parts/Pages/Content-Editor-Web-Part-using-RadEditor.aspx

I also need to add the following functionality to the editor.
Paste From Word
Strip Formatting from Word etc., AND show the HTML module.
Please provide the appropriate assistance.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stanimir
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 06:03 AM
Hi,

First review the following two articles:
Add/Remove tools from the toolbar
Set Properties Via Config File

Regarding the PasteFromWord and strip formatting tools, you can add the following elements to the ToolsFile.xml and ListToolsFile.xml:
<tool name="PasteFromWord"/>
<tool name="PasteStrip"/>
<tool name="FormatStripper" />
the PasteStrip includes PasteFromWord

Regarding the HTML editing mode It can be set by the following element in the ConfigFile.xml respectively for List scenario the ListConfigFile.xml:
<property name="EditModes">Design,Html</property>

However in List scenario Html mode can be enabled only if you are editing an "Enhanced rich text" column in  "Rich text" column the Html mode can not be activated. Check the following screen shot http://screencast.com/t/DCe7dvaHOGM

Regards,
Stanimir
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Cecil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Jun 2013, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much Stanimir!

Your response is concise and extremely helpful. I was up and working within 3 minutes of reading your solution. I changed the field I wanted to edit in my SharePoint 2010 list to enhanced rich text and everything was good.

Warm regards,

CJ
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Cecil
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stanimir
Telerik team
Cecil